Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my buddy of mine is selling his car, and he's getting rid of everything...he's offering to sell me his bucket seat. Bride Brix 1, but the thing is I need to get some driver rails to go w/ it. anyone know where i can get some and for how much? thanks for all the help.

Godwin

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i dont know where you can get the rails, but i have heard that some people had some issues with the airbags not working right when they changed the seats. just a heads up

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=crazyfast link=topic=69890.msg1216492#msg1216492 date=1171899331]
i dont know where you can get the rails, but i have heard that some people had some issues with the airbags not working right when they changed the seats. just a heads up
[/quote]

oh yea?? what kind of issues?? if anyone can help me out that would be great. he's selling it to me for a good price just cant really pass it up. well hope you guys could help me out. thanks in advance

godwin

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
there are weight sensors in the slide rails that tell the airbags when to go off in the passenger seat and there are some wires hooked up to the driver seat (don't know what they do). there's a few threads on this somewhere... i saw it a long time ago, i don't know where it was though.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
[quote author=crazyfast link=topic=69890.msg1217733#msg1217733 date=1171936008]
there are weight sensors in the slide rails that tell the airbags when to go off in the passenger seat and there are some wires hooked up to the driver seat (don't know what they do). there's a few threads on this somewhere... i saw it a long time ago, i don't know where it was though.
[/quote]

The driver side wires in the seat rail area are used to determine how close one sits to the steering column (aka seat position on the sliders) this data is used to determine the severity of airbag deployment based on how close or far your body is from the steering column. If you were to disconnect this I do not think the system would fail to operate it would likely default to a preset value but I don't know that much about airbag fail safe modes. Anyway if you retain the stock slider wiring stuff you should be ok. I know there was some member in Australia or somewhere that switched to WRX seats or something and I seem to recall he used some resistors or something to spoof the frame rail sensor.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[quote author=crazyfast link=topic=69890.msg1217733#msg1217733 date=1171936008]
[/quote]

well i'm not changing the passenger seat out. just the driver side. but now that i think about it, i dont know if i would want to risk it and loose the side air bag. but then again, it is such a good price for bride seats. i dont know what to dooo!!!! :bash: cause then if i dont get them i would be kicking myself in the ass later on..haha..damnit!!!! :grr:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Where is blam? Pretty sure he has a bride seat in his 3 and he would know about the rails.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
sorry to get off topic, but i wonder if speed3 seats would still be able to have full finctioning air bags? :dunno: even though they are like $2500 for 2 :eekcrazy: :a: :eek4:

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
[quote author=hoffo link=topic=69890.msg1217967#msg1217967 date=1171943642]
Where is blam? Pretty sure he has a bride seat in his 3 and he would know about the rails.
[/quote]

He had a hell of a time getting rails. Give Redline Parts a PM. I know they deal with the Canadian Bride supplier so they could probably get you the right rails.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote author=hoffo link=topic=69890.msg1217967#msg1217967 date=1171943642]
[/quote]

I pm'd him..but no respond yet.

·
Registered
913 Posts
i belive if you check brides web site they have brackets for the 3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts