Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles should you drive a new MS3 before really letting the horses out or autocrossing?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=hilmar2k link=topic=139669.msg3010580#msg3010580 date=1237774651]
Manual says 600 miles.
[/quote]

wow. i honestly was thinking somewhere around like 2,000 because of the turbo and such. guess i was way off. I think 1000 would be a safe number though.

·
Registered
98 Posts
When I read the subject, the first thing that came to my mind was a rock to the drivers side window.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I tried to baby it for 600, but about 50-100 miles into it I had to do a high speed run and hit 140mph a couple times and my car is running fantastic at 31k miles!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol. a rock through the window would be very sad.

but damn 140mph!!!??? u just could not resist. i am afraid i might do the same thing, but keep it a lil more legal.

Aeffles: thanks for the info. i am interested in attending but I havent got the ms3 yet. hopefully next Tonday or Tuesday. Ill keep up with the thread.

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
You can still come, it's no big deal. It's just a nice way to get to know some people around the area incase you have questions or need help, and we always like meeting new people. So don't hesitate to show up, we don't bite or kill you if you don't have your mazda :D

Don't hesitate to lemme know if you have ?s about the local meets.

Good luck with the car!

·
Registered
518 Posts
[quote author=kinavo link=topic=139669.msg3011324#msg3011324 date=1237817710]
lol. a rock through the window would be very sad.

but damn 140mph!!!??? u just could not resist. i am afraid i might do the same thing, but keep it a lil more legal.

Aeffles: thanks for the info. i am interested in attending but I havent got the ms3 yet. hopefully next Tonday or Tuesday. Ill keep up with the thread.
[/quote]

LOL no couldnt wait. I have a nice river road I take and can open it up real good in the night time. On a road tour I hit 155mph....damn at that speed you look out the side and go...holy shit im going fast. A gt3 porsche hit 180 or 190 on that same stretch. moar powa!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts