Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace my break pads, never done this b4 so dont know to much about..

I read though other posts the the pads Hawk HPS keept comming up

i wanted to know how good these hawk hps are anyone that has them can leave some input?

anything i should know about these, do i need specific ones are some better than others?

Id like to buy local unless i can get a good price. (anyone know any good deals on any pads?)

also would it be a bad idea to get something cheep like these?
whats the main downside?

http://www.tripointengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=2283&osCsid=a701e11fde1372890030c5b730cfdc49

·
Registered
757 Posts
It all depends on what you care about.

If you just want some metal that will probably stop the car fine, all the cheapo autozone midas etc etc pads will work for you.

However, a set of front/rear hps will run you about $150.

What do you get for the extra $$$?

Improved braking (better than OEM) gives you progressive pedal feel and confident stopping power everytime you press the brakes.

Low NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness) means quiet, dust free.

Finally, they should last quite a while and are actually made of a proven compound.

-G

·
Registered
296 Posts
[quote author=blankets3 link=topic=139245.msg3000617#msg3000617 date=1237332469]
I have to replace my break pads, never done this b4 so dont know to much about..

I read though other posts the the pads Hawk HPS keept comming up

i wanted to know how good these hawk hps are anyone that has them can leave some input?

anything i should know about these, do i need specific ones are some better than others?

Id like to buy local unless i can get a good price. (anyone know any good deals on any pads?)

also would it be a bad idea to get something cheep like these?
whats the main downside?

http://www.tripointengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=2283&osCsid=a701e11fde1372890030c5b730cfdc49
[/quote]

If you are looking for a good replacement pad, the Posi Quiet semi metallics or ceramic are a great alternative to the Hawk HPS Compound.

Stoptech tested the Hawk HPS to their Posi Quiet line on their in house brake dyno and found the stopping power from their Posi Quiet is very similar to the HPS compound, if not better on certain applications. You can't go wrong with either one.

The Centric C-tek Brake pads are a good replacement pad if you are just looking for something to replace. Typically with the C-tek pads are a generic compound with generic backing plates. If you want a performance street pad, Posi Quiet Semi Metallics, Hawk HPS or Axxis Ultimates are good.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay thanks ill look into the Posi Quiet Semi Metallics aswell,

* ur store bigbrakeparts.net doesnt ship to canada (any way i can get u to ship to canada, pm quote for rears + front)

anyone know a website that will ship to canada,also has n e 1 heard of www.autoanything.com ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts