Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
867 Posts
dugrant153 said:
bra? I would say don't go for it.

I believe it traps stuff under it. Also, over the years, your car gets a bit of a tan :) If you keep the bra on, the area under the car bra will be lighter than the area that got more UV rays :)

For 500 bucks, get a nice stereo ;) hehehe
The 3M clear bras that he's referring to are actually clear....they put on a glaze/sticker kinda thing over the front section of the car to protect it from chips and stuff.

· Banned
867 Posts
darian said:
I'm talking about on cars. :roll:

Ok my dealer is a complete moron. I asked him how much it would cost to place a 3M clear bra on the 3 and he said "the bra is black, not clear." I then proceeded to tell him about the new innovations of the clear bra on most new cars now. He pretended to know what I was talking about "OOoooo.....those, uh, those cost 500." What a moron.

Back to the topic at hand. Do you think that it is benficial to have the clear bra? I do not want chips on my hood. Does the clear bra affect the paint underneath (absence of interaction with oxygen, etc) if it is used for a long period of time? I prefer not to disturb the lines of the 3, contemplating the clear bra w/ my titz grey, no pun intended.
A friend of mine checked out the 3M bras for his TSX the other day, and the bra itself costs up to around $200cad. Installing it, is another matter....probably want someone professional to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.