Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I changed out the pads on my rear brakes. I have a 2005 Mazda 3SP. About a month has passed and I have noticed a strong burning smell from the brakes, it turns out that the left rear brakes are hotter than the right. I take it to a mechanic and he said when I put them on, I crossthreaded the brake bracket which is why it was overheating, the pads where burning unevenly. So now I am looking for a new brake bracket and the only place that carries it here is the dealer, which told me it would be $180.00 for a new one. Does anyone know if a Ford model car carries the same part? The reason I ask is because the calipers say "Ford" on them so I am gonna take a wild guess and say that it is standard on another vehicle.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Junk yard or our forum sponsor MazMart.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried both to no avail. My car is an 05 so there aren't many cars in the yard that year. Mazmart didn't have any brake brackets the last time I looked for the 05.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I believe the 04 and 06 are the same bracket. Someone correct me if I am wrong. The brakes have not changed on the 3 as far as I know between 04-06 maybe even 07-08.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Forgot to mention. You should get the part number of an 04 and 06 and see if they match the part number of an 05.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts