Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Crossoverauto.com has a front brake upgrade for the MS3...looks sweet and not too much $$$. Look under mazda, MS3, page 3.

Joe

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=jnprn2003 link=topic=67042.msg1151035#msg1151035 date=1168899739]
Hey all,

Crossoverauto.com has a front brake upgrade for the MS3...looks sweet and not too much $$$. Look under mazda, MS3, page 3.

Joe
[/quote]

any kindof performance data on it? 60-0? comparisons vs stock etc?

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
not a bad looking kit, but it gives way too little info. It mentions its a 4 piston caliper, but fails to mention the size of the rotor or how it bolts up. it would also increase rotational mass to a greater or lesser degree depending on the size and weight of the rotor. It would add some nice eye candy to the mix, but until someone tests them, I wouldnt want to be the guinea pig. Perhaps you are braver than I. I also would be reluctant to upgrade the rotor size since I am considering running 16's for race tires and obviously wouldnt be able to run larger brakes.
really depends on what you want the final outcome of the car to be.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
[quote author=CosmicBlueMS3 link=topic=67042.msg1151088#msg1151088 date=1168901597]
not a bad looking kit, but it gives way too little info. It mentions its a 4 piston caliper, but fails to mention the size of the rotor or how it bolts up. it would also increase rotational mass to a greater or lesser degree depending on the size and weight of the rotor. It would add some nice eye candy to the mix, but until someone tests them, I wouldnt want to be the guinea pig. Perhaps you are braver than I. I also would be reluctant to upgrade the rotor size since I am considering running 16's for race tires and obviously wouldnt be able to run larger brakes.
really depends on what you want the final outcome of the car to be.
[/quote]

get out of my head? lately everything you post has been something i'd post O_O

Have you found light 16's that will fit on this puppy yet? Depending on how things go I may be doing more auto-x in this than intially planned.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
great minds think alike ;)
dont want to whore up this thread too bad, but there are quite a few 16x8 +48 options out there for autox purposes. Realize running a 16x8 will put you out of stock class and mostly into Street Touring U if you go I/E with a highflow cat. Add too many mods and you will be up against modified cars with gutted interiors and cut fenders.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
[quote author=NoobInACan link=topic=67042.msg1158591#msg1158591 date=1169250276]
umm no!
[/quote]

ehh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts