Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brakes squeal every time I am turning into a parking spot, only happen when the wheel is turned and I am at low speeds, anyone else get this. It happen every single time and is loud and embarrassing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mine do that under the same conditions... turning at low speed.... but do NOT (thankfully) squeal every time. it is ridiculously annoying when it does happen, though

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder what is causing it. The wheels have to be turned for it to happen, never squeal otherwise.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Do they squeal with no brake application? That would be an issue for the dealer to look into. Could mean a bad wheel bearing.

Under certain weather conditions, I get some brake squeal with very light brake application (stop and go traffic), but only rarely. It is due to the aggressive pad compound used and does not really indicate a problem. My RSX does the same thing when very cold out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I looked into this and found that this is common with Mazda cars. I also found that they have some of the best braking systems on the market (price point factored). I know these are from volvo but I'm sure they all use the same parts bin.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This is an odd one...not sure what the steering has to do with brake noise, but I imagine it has to do with how the brake lining is loaded when the wheel is turned. You should take it to the dealer to make sure it is in fact the brakes making the noise, and not some other component in the suspension.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
it does'nt do it all the time. does it only every now and then. Also, when this car was new, I would get the same noise when I lightly pressed the brakes. Over time/break-in, it seems to be going away.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have noticed mine squealing when pulling in straight as well its just not as loud as when I am turning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
taking mine in for this issue. The tech drove it and seems to him anyways it was a
wheel bearing issue. I will report back the findings

my noise occurs whle turning left no brakes applied or in a staight line, totally random :x
almost didn't happen during the test drive :shock:

·
Registered
177 Posts
I noticed it too but it only happend a few times and it only happened when I was pulling itno a parking space and had the wheel turned almost all the way with light break application.

I read about Mazda having some issues with break noise due to vibrations in the pad and rotor at low speeds and in colder temperatures. I have not noticed it much since but then again I am not trying to squeze into parkign spaces I park my car as far away from everybody else as I can to avoid dents from stupid people.

If it happened every time I drove or parked I woudl take it in. Otherwise I am not goign to worry about it.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mine has gotten much worse and happens everytime I touch the brakes lightly at slow speeds, extremely annoying and embarrassing. I am taking it in on friday.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah if it is happening a lot then I would take it in and let them check it out. Anyhting that is consistent or very bothersome I would take the car in for. But if it is an occasional sound or something liek that then I woudl tend to stay away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I talked to the dealer today, I was told definately the wheel bearing!
another Speed 3 had them replaced :( Bummer my car with only 600 miles on it has to be torn up

for this :shock: When I get it done will post up more info
Peace

·
Registered
177 Posts
Are you kidding me? What the heck could be causing that. How does a wheel bearing go with 600 miles on a car. That is insane. All these issues are really startign to bother me. I know all cars will have some issues and new cars typically have more than ones that have been out for a few years but this is nto a brand new car it is baslined off an existing model and it should not be having all of these issues.

A wheel bearign is almost unexplainable to me. How can they explain it? What could cause it to happen so early? And is it goign to happen again and again because of a design issue??????

Did you get any more info from your dealer?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Your lucky the problems are just starting to bother you. All of the issues with this car have been bothering me for some time now. In fact, my cars at the dealer again for a 3 day session. At least I'm getting a little brake from the damn thing!:p I have a Nissan Altima rental.:?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hello all! This is my first post, and first, I want to thank everyone for this board - what a great resource for Mazda owners!

I have a new speed 3, with about 450 miles, and earlier today when starting from a stop slowly, I got a whine, not like a diff or tranny whine, but like a bearing noise. It didn't increase frequency with an increase in speed... I got the car to do it 2 or 3 times, went to class, took it back out, and can't reproduce.

However, seeing as some people are having wheel bearing issues makes me think that's what I heard... what do you think I should do? Wait till it gets worse or I can reproduce?

I have been easy on the car... it makes me sad - its brand new!!

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts