Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand you 100%, but it seems like you are saying that the parking brake light is coming on. I don't know that the pedal brake system is linked at all to this light. I belive that this light only indicates when the parking brake is engaged. Usually, the parking brake is operated mechanically with a cable that pulls on the rear calipers. The brake fluid has no effect on the parking brake. On older cars, this cable has a tendency to rust and stay either engaged or dissengaged. This probably isn't the case with your car; it's still a baby. If the parking brake is staying engaged, you would feel it. My best guess is that the brake position sensor that is usually located in the center console has a problem. Hope I helped.

· Registered
91 Posts
What light came on? The red "BRAKE!" light with a "!" in the middle of it or the yellow "ABS" light? The red BRAKE! light (parking brake system) has nothing to do with any fluid. It works by a cable. Only the yellow "ABS" light would indicate that you have a problem with your main pedal brake system. So, unless your YELLOW ABS light is coming on, don't worry about your main brake system. The RED BRAKE "!" is only ever telling you if the parking brake is engaged or disengaged. I think you are making this a bigger deal then it is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.