Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm due for a front brake pad change soon. will most likely go oem. but because it's quite costly, i was thinking of maybe spending a little more to upgrade the whole thing. i'm on 150k kms so the rotors will probably need to be changed soon anyway. any suggestions for a brake kit that's a small upgrade from the stock setup? i can only find big brake kits which i think is overkill for me. wouldn't mind spending a bit more for fancier brands for that bling factor hehe.

i'm on koni yellows/eibach springs and 17" wheels.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Akebono is the OEM for Mazda pads. May want to look at their private label stuff if you're looking to save a few dollars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the ones in aus i think are from ate. well mine are anyway.

saving a few dollars isn't really the issue. it's more like if i'm spending this much, i might as well spend a little more for something a little better. but if i was to change the pads only, i'm pretty set on oem just because of the longevity and made to fit for the stock calipers.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I run Hawk HPS pads. Great pads that grip like a champ. The best upgrade I did on the brakes was to change to stainless steel braided lines. The braided lines do a great job of firming the pedal up and make it easier to modulate the brakes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i did come across hawk hps pads in my search. and it is in my to consider list. just not sure if they will eat through the stock rotors. i haven't had time to check yet, but i'll have to see if my rotors need to be replaced as well. if that is the case, i was thinking more towards ebc green and standard rotor. only problem is i'll have to import those parts. time is a little dire as the pads need to be changed soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts