Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iono if this is a dumb question or anything, but is brake fluid clear? because the container of brake fluid in the engine bay looks to be empty compared to the other fluids. i cant check the level of brake fluid. and is there a brake fluid light on the instrument cluster to know if the brake fluid is low or anything?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
pretty sure its amber. All it is really is hydraulic fluid being empty is FTL get some in there asap! I mean do you see fluid in there at all?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no. it looks like its empty, but my uncle says it might appear clear. and the brakes work fine too. and no lights have come on the instrument cluster yet.

·
Registered
7,672 Posts
[quote author=as1an_1nvas10n link=topic=138685.msg2988708#msg2988708 date=1236815571]
no. it looks like its empty, but my uncle says it might appear clear. and the brakes work fine too. and no lights have come on the instrument cluster yet.
[/quote]

The brake fluid contained does appear clear, it is hard to see the fluid, but it should be there, look closely.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just an FYI for people goin through this:
I just went through this when i went out lastnight with a flash light to check it. I looked at reservoir and thought to myself, where the heck would ALL of the fluid go? why cant i see it? Eventually with the light hitting it just right and shaking the reservoir i was able to see a little shimmer right at the max line.

·
Registered
753 Posts
If it gets low you will get a warning light on the dash, though you should still visually check it occasionally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts