Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the specs are on the brake bleed screws?

I'm trying to get a set of speed bleeders (www.speedbleeder.com) (I had them on my old Mitsu Eclipse) and they worked great. I called the dealer and they has the rear size listed (SB1010S) but none for the fronts. So I need to find out if they are same for all 4 or if the fronts are different. If they are different, I'm hoping to get the specs to see if I can find a matching one.

For reference:

SB1010S: Thread size: M10 X 1.0 (Metric)
Overall length: 1.23, (31.35) (inch (mm))

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I dont know the pitch and thread, but I can tell you that the fronts and rears are different.

When I installed my ss hoses I removed the the calipers from the car to paint them. Afterwards when I was bleeding the brakes I noticed that the bleeder screws for the front and back were different - the fronts needed a 9mm wrench and **I Think** (cant remember the exact size) the rears used a 10mm.

The bleeder screws were definitey different - the fronts were longer and thinner than the rears.

Sorry I couldnt be of more help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
bleeder screws will have a tapered thread. that's how they seal, just like a water pipe joint. don't know the thread size but if the fronts take a 10mm wrench like the rears, I'd be almost certain they were the same.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Any updates? I'm looing into picking up a set of speed bleeders for my 3s now too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts