Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey as you may or may not know, the 07 Mazda 3 s class come with an UGLY ass bottom grill. What is the bottom grill called and where can I get a new one...PLEASE SAVE ME FROM BREAKNG IN BECAUSE ITS UGLINESS ANGERS ME

THANK YOU :klavergreg:

PIC:

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
well that is a mazdaspeed so you can't get that because it's part of the bumper.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=the415 link=topic=67117.msg1152830#msg1152830 date=1168983420]
well that is a mazdaspeed so you can't get that because it's part of the bumper.
[/quote]
Yea. Mine looks the same though

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
the 07 models look identical. and I am sure you can remove it. no one makes a replacement to my knowledge.

·
Registered
305 Posts
[quote author=blam link=topic=67117.msg1154439#msg1154439 date=1169062000]
the 07 models look identical. and I am sure you can remove it. no one makes a replacement to my knowledge.
[/quote]
The MS front is slightly different than the NAs. Different fog lite details, and a larger bottom grille. Either way, they're both ugly, i personally prefer the older models.

The top of the grille is a solid black plastic piece covering the bumper frame. If you remove the OEM, seems like it'd be tough to hide that frame. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably stick some grill mesh in there to get rid of that solid black stripe.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I tried to do just this on my friends 07 hatch. No such luck. When you take the bumper off, and get to looking at the grille, the bottom of it actually wraps around the back of the bumper (on the bottom where you screw the bolts into to secure the bumper to the splash shield under the engine). Also the ambient temp sensor is attached to this grille monstrosity. The only way to really change it out would be to cut out the edges of it, and secure something else in that space. You would also have to spray paint your bumper reinforcement and absorber black so that they werent seen so easily. Too ghetto of a job for me. I'll deal with it until someone makes something better. You could always paint the black plastic piece body color.

·
Registered
305 Posts
yeh, thats kinda what i thought too. Not sure anyone will offer a grill-only replacement due to this. Don't want the ghetto look, so seems like the only option is to replace the whole bumper with an aftermarket kit. & I haven't seen any for 07s, not too sure if the kits for earlier models will fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts