Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in @ minute muffler in my area today and they said that there wasn't TOO much i could do as far as a basic muffler upgrade....i said i didn't want it loud just better....

what was suggested is that i take out the existing muffler and simply put in a 'bottle muffler' in its place and keep the rest of the system as is...

The other option would be to remove the current muffler and put a magnaflow or something where the entire muffler would be @ the back of the car...

Question is what is a bottle muffler? why would I want it and what would it do? is it just a crappy upgrade that is not worth doing? Should i wait untill there is an actual 'kit' for the 3 before doing anything?

·
Registered
947 Posts
If you want better, then that means an application-specific part, and not some universal "high flow" weld-on.

Wait until *someone* comes out with a suitable replacement. I wish Mazda had someone like Comptech working on aftermarket parts. When Comptech made a set of new mufflers for the Honda Accord, they made only the mufflers because the stock pipes could not be improved upon. This was contrary to all the other cat-back systems out there ther eincluded both muffler and pipes.

And you know what, they were right.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts