Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..

bad news for the 2005 Mazda3 - to make a long story short, this prick backed into me and drove off.. it's hard to explain, but I didn't get any information from him. Since I've already been in an accident with this car, insurance has already been a bitch, so with this accident going on my insurance (for 2 accidents), there is a possibility they will be dropping my insurance yadda yadda yadda. whatever. Don't want that happening, so.. therefore I went to a Mazda dealership and they will accept my mazda3 as a trade in. That's good news, because now, I don't have to worry about the insurance.. and I don't have to deal with the repair and it's long term value.

good news for the 2007 Mazda3 - I have 3 choices: (1) 2006 Mazda3i - white exterior, sunroof, beige interior, 5spd... (2) 2007 Mazda3i - black exterior, lip spoiler, black interior, hub caps (ew), 5spd... (3) 2007 Mazda3i - RED exterior, black interior, wing spoiler, 16" wheels, 5spd, sunroof (pretty much everything that I've wanted from the start with my first Mazda3)

BUT the only problem is.. I owe 11k on the Mazda that I just had crashed. The Mazda dealership is offering $7600 for a trade in value. So I'm kindof SOL and have negative equity of $3000 more or less... A raise at work is also good news, so that's why I was considering getting the more expensive i model (Red/black interior).

Any suggestions very welcomed! Thanks!

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
i'm sorry man.
but the damage isn't that bad, looks like you only need a front bumper, the headlights looks fine from the picture.

why not get an s model?

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
yea dude that 3k it would cost u in negative equity, you could fix up your current ride. with aftermarket parts even. CF hood and a body kit...

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
[quote author=Maverick9110E link=topic=66232.msg1136073#msg1136073 date=1168104608]
yea dude that 3k it would cost u in negative equity, you could fix up your current ride. with aftermarket parts even. CF hood and a body kit...
[/quote]

I'm with him. It'd be cheaper for you to fix it up than trade it in and get something else.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The thing is.. that I don't want to put it through insurance to have it fixed.. I know you guys said aftermarket parts ect. ect. but I don't have time for that. Plus I beat my Mazda3 to shit, the engine mount is shot, my clutch is going... I just don't want to deal with this one any more.. It would be more practical for me to just get a new Mazda3. I'm taking my HIDs out so I can stick them in my new one once I get it. I'm really hoping I could get the red one with the sunroof. The money that I would be putting into the 05 to what, make it look like the 07? I have red tails and I want clear tails, I think the new 07 face lift looks better, and I've always wanted a sunroof, and the 07 already has the clear tails. I'm pretty sure that I would be paying more for aftermarket stuff than just refinancing into a new 07. Even though I do understand the negative equity, my raise at work will help a lot.

I'm not caring for the s model because they wont budge on the price. I also have the S plan because my step dad and father both work for FPL. I'm hoping to go to the dealer today and get something done.

Thanks for all of your guys' input. :)

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't because they say they would give me what i owe, but they subtract the damages of $3200.. So if they subtract it from that, wouldnt that take care of them raising the price of the actual car? So like if they give me 7.6k on my car, and I owe 11k.. they would add the difference to the new car i get?

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
If you can honestly afford the negative equity without digging yourself into a deep hole, then go for it. Get rid of the 05 and get the new one.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
seems to me like youve already made up your mind on what your doing. u still have to come up with the 3 grand to make up the negative equity, which is what it wouldmost likely cost to make the 05 as good if not better then the 07, but its a personal preference.

besides. i know... i know.... Red 3's kick ass!!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
so yea man go to eddie accardi and talk to my man Stark. He'll hook u up dude I and if u want I can hit him op on his cell b4 u go in to let him know wha's going on. Anyways "Hit-and-runs" Suck balls. if u need anyting call me homie

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I really want the red one... but I don't know if it's happening, I'm going to wait it out until I know for sure what I'm getting for my raise. That'll be this week, tomorrow I have school.. so I already got a ride there with a friend. The car is drivable, just I really don't want to drive it like this.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
[quote author=BoostThat3 link=topic=66232.msg1136686#msg1136686 date=1168139366]

[/quote]

Those blackity plasticky thingy's seem to break easy. Mine broke in the 1st accident I had the first week on campus at UCF last year.

Are you going to mod the new car? I know you said you were getting wheels, if so get the one with the hubcaps since it'll be cheaper. Or are all of these priced the same?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts