Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
You mean to tell me the thermocouple is floating in mid-air, suspended by magnetic levitation or something? Otherwise, conduction is surely taking place, as is radiation, and the percentage contribution to the overall heat flux from each mode of heat transfer may differ significantly based on the significant changes in airflow and air density observed at partial throttle and WOT. Again, unless you have a mathematical model or data to show otherwise, this is a very sound, applicable, yet simple theory.

...And I'm not going to go and change my profile to show "engineer P.E." by all my posts, although I am registered as such in TX and do a great deal of HXfer work on a daily basis. My intuition there has typically been outstanding.

But yes, this is getting to the point of silly, so we can just agree to disagree I guess. Nikolai out!

[quote author=Nikolai link=topic=135357.msg2928886#msg2928886 date=1234362206]
You mean to tell me the thermocouple is floating in mid-air, suspended by magnetic levitation or something?
[/quote]

No I said the thermocouple junction is not in contact. Of course its insulated base is tapped into the manifold. But that is not what is measuring temps. Again no conduction.

the percentage contribution to the overall heat flux from each mode of heat transfer may differ significantly based on the significant changes in airflow and air density observed at partial throttle and WOT. [/quote]

That has nothing to do with the direction of the temperatures only the rate of change. You still have not given me any reason for increased temps at part throttle.

This is a very sound, applicable, yet simple theory. [/quote]

Hardly, just because you use big words does not make your theory sound. I have poked many holes in it that you have yet to address.

...And I'm not going to go and change my profile to show "engineer P.E." by all my posts, although I am registered as such in TX and do a great deal of HXfer work on a daily basis. [/quote]

I thought you might like that :lol:

But yes, this is getting to the point of silly, so we can just agree to disagree I guess. Nikolai out! [/quote]

Thats cool! Thanks for the discussion. I had fun. Peace!

Must... resist.... further exhibition... of logic.... lol.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.