Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so in 1st and 2nd gear I'm getting a boost spike up to 30 (possibly more but the gauge only goes to 30). The rest of the gears are showing normal according to the boost gauge. If I do a hard acceleration but not WOT, the needle jumps around like it's pulsating...

Mods: Prosport electronic boost gauge, RKM SSQV Version 2 in recirc, Mazdaspeed CAI in Short ram with an AEM air straightener, 2nd resonator delete, and just added (Possible the problem) a 3.5" ETS TMIC.

The car runs fine/idles fine and acceleration is smooth. I have checked to make sure the hoses are clampped properly. I just installed the TMIC today which is when this started. With the stock top mount everything read normal. Did I do something wrong or is it a problem with the gauge. What should I be checking for?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Re: Boost Spike 30 PSI....WTF?!?!?!

Did you reset the ecu after installing the tmic?

·
Registered
25,357 Posts

Sounds like a problem with the boost gauge. If you were really spiking to 30psi, you'd be cleaning up a godawful mess of oil and bits and pieces of rods up from under / behind your car.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I had a feeling it could soemthing with the boost gauge because the car feels like it's running perfect. The power comes on and stays nice and smooth. I'll have to triple check all the hoses tomorrow.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Gotcha. Well I'll check the hoses for the boost gauge. Correct me if I'm wrong, but just adding a bigger TMIC wouldn't cause a boost spike like that anyway, would it?

Also a question about the BOV. When I first got it, I ran it VTA for a day cause I didn't have the recirc fitting. But when I was VTA, I saw my gauge reading like 21psi, then I put it back on recirc and it went back to 15-16. Any reason VTA would do that at WOT?

·
Registered
3,326 Posts

i would deffinatly check your vaccume lines goin to your boost gauge, if not replace the gauge its self cause first off im almost 100% sure a ko4 isnt capable of making 30psi, and than your bov causing a 5psi spike makes no sense to me, and no a tmic wouldnt cause that much of a spike if anything normally you have a pressure loss when you goto bigger intercoolers

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

[quote author=TruboPower link=topic=139674.msg3010756#msg3010756 date=1237780114]
adidas is spelled wrong btw, dont know if its intentional or not
[/quote]
Yea but too lazy to change my profile

[quote author=aminzer link=topic=139674.msg3010766#msg3010766 date=1237780218]
i would deffinatly check your vaccume lines goin to your boost gauge, if not replace the gauge its self cause first off im almost 100% sure a ko4 isnt capable of making 30psi, and than your bov causing a 5psi spike makes no sense to me, and no a tmic wouldnt cause that much of a spike if anything normally you have a pressure loss when you goto bigger intercoolers
[/quote]
Thanks...the BOV is back on recirc, I was just cuious but I'll check the vaccum line. Thanks

I'll update you guys in the morning.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Nerv81, You should try polyetheylene hose it's what they call "Hard line" this solved alot of my hose problems, as all i did was heat up the end of the hose and then slide it onto the fitting , wait for it to dry and then you have instant vaccum line with no problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts

[quote author=nerv81 link=topic=139674.msg3010748#msg3010748 date=1237779938]Correct me if I'm wrong, but just adding a bigger TMIC wouldn't cause a boost spike like that anyway, would it?
[/quote]

You should notice about a 1-2 increase in psi with an upgraded TMIC but I wouldn't think it would cause you to spike that high.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts