Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I've decided to start tinkering with my 2010 3i and lifting it. Before everyone blows up and says it's a dumb thing to do.... I already know that, it's my beater car with dents on every panel.

So I've decided to attempt a body lift of 1-2" depending on how low I can get away with dropping my subframe without being too hard on the body mounted accessories. To do this I'm planning on cutting spacers out of 2" stainless steel shafts from the scrap pile at work and finding longer bolts for the sub frame. What is the maximum lift you would recommend for the body ?

For the suspension I'm split on buying Mazda 5 struts and coils from the E-Z pull or buying a 30mm lift kit from eBay. I feel the 1" suspension lift along with the body lift will give me plenty of clearance for the wheels.

Tires, I plan on buying a full set of ranger wheels from marketplace and test fitting them before I decide on the actual size when finished. I may have to buy hub centric wheel spacers and fender flares for the tires to work out

The only lifted 3 I've found was built in Canada by @Hyper_Bluebaru. I messaged them and hopefully will get tips/insight on problems they encountered.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hey guys, I've decided to start tinkering with my 2010 3i and lifting it. Before everyone blows up and says it's a dumb thing to do.... I already know that, it's my beater car with dents on every panel.

So I've decided to attempt a body lift of 1-2" depending on how low I can get away with dropping my subframe without being too hard on the body mounted accessories. To do this I'm planning on cutting spacers out of 2" stainless steel shafts from the scrap pile at work and finding longer bolts for the sub frame. What is the maximum lift you would recommend for the body ?

For the suspension I'm split on buying Mazda 5 struts and coils from the E-Z pull or buying a 30mm lift kit from eBay. I feel the 1" suspension lift along with the body lift will give me plenty of clearance for the wheels.

Tires, I plan on buying a full set of ranger wheels from marketplace and test fitting them before I decide on the actual size when finished. I may have to buy hub centric wheel spacers and fender flares for the tires to work out

The only lifted 3 I've found was built in Canada by @Hyper_Bluebaru. I messaged them and hopefully will get tips/insight on problems they encountered.
Oh Heck Ya. Lift it for sure. Straight pipe it also. Unless you plan for the occasional daily driver duty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Heck Ya. Lift it for sure. Straight pipe it also. Unless you plan for the occasional daily driver duty.
Not looking to make it too loud I'll still be daily driving it. Maybe a hollow secondary cat and a muffler tip to replace the oem muffler. I think I'll be putting the rear on pucks after I find some 5 springs then doing a strut spacer on the front to level it out

·
Registered
432 Posts
Man please post pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts