Mazda3 Forums banner

Which one would you buy first?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious

I'm considering both. Both are used obviously (2007). They have about the same mileage and features.

The BMW, if Im not wrong, is around 230 HP and has slightly better gas mileage.
The g35, its non sport, Is in the upper 200's (like 270's or something). It it a little faster I believe.

I personally think the g35 looks a very tad better, and the interior is much cooler, imo. I know we won't all share that opinion though, so what do you guys thinks?

the interior i like :)

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
BMW hands down. I've heard a lot of people become unimpressed with the G35 rather quickly. You'd have to search around as I dont know any specifics. Not only that, but I was never a fan of the G35 sedans.

BMW on the other hand has pretty timeless styling and has always had a sort of luxury sports car aura about it. They also have a deal with the first 4 years of maintenance is free, but I dont know if that extends to you because you're buying used.

To me: G35 sedan = middle aged cruiser. BMW 3-series = young professional sport sedan.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
maybe the new infinitys are better but most others dont seem to have the same "appeal" after a year or so. i.e. owners get tired of them.

obviously this is no great arguement since everyone isnt you, but i still voted bmw simply because im not a huge fan of the infinity styling.

any interest in a new lexus IS? another in the similar catagory (not sure how much more money though).

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=137263.msg2959770#msg2959770 date=1235539326]
any interest in a new lexus IS? another in the similar catagory (not sure how much more money though).
[/quote]

Now that's a great car! Probably next to impossible to find used and much more expensive.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=*txmica3* link=topic=137263.msg2959770#msg2959770 date=1235539326]
maybe the new infinitys are better but most others dont seem to have the same "appeal" after a year or so. i.e. owners get tired of them.

obviously this is no great arguement since everyone isnt you, but i still voted bmw simply because im not a huge fan of the infinity styling.

[/quote]

I looked into and test drove a manual is 250 (the 350 is out of my price range)
It was AMAZINGLY slowwwwww. it was like the snail, but actually a snail. I liked the ride a lot but I wont deal with a lexus that is almost as slow as my hatch.

And I love the speed (m3m), def. gonna have respect for mazda for a long time. I just don't think I want to drive another for 5 years. so you should def. post it up with some bmw/infiniti parts.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The IS is in a totally different bracket of buyers. It's very numb unless you get that sport package. I would go with the BMW because German sedans offer an emotional connection unmatched by the Japanese to the owner and to their wallet. :p

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the vote pretty accurately reflects my opinion aatm.  Im still rather undecided but the bimmer might be edging,  I think Im going to ask the dealer to let me overnight test drive the infiniti

·
Registered
180 Posts
Get the Infiniti. I own the 2 door version and it has been holding up very damn well, considering the miles I put on it.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote author=ballinpapo link=topic=137263.msg2961521#msg2961521 date=1235605547]
unless you want electrical nightmares and horrible reliability, go infinity =P
[/quote]

do u have solid proof of this?

there are lots of fanboys out there, but when it comes to reliability, I only trust real facts

·
Registered
887 Posts
my friend had 4 bmw's in the past 2 years. all of them gave him crap...

but ill agree that bmw's arent as bad as vw's/audis..

my sisters vw's electrical system is burnt to a crisp..
my cousins jetta drains batteries when it wants to, and the problem isnt the alternator...

my other friend jon has an 07 a4 and its giving him problems at 60,000 already.

[quote author=MyZoom7 link=topic=137263.msg2961751#msg2961751 date=1235611358]
Audi doesn't have electrical problems anymore.
[/quote]

LLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLl

sure.. how old is your audi? just wait.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Our Audi has 50K on it and I know way more B7 owners than you do, some with well over 90K and NO electrical problems.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Has your mount failed yet? just wait.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.