Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
i dont really care for the design of the 1 series, but that car has much of what i am looking for when i eventually replace the 3, rear drive and good handling in a small package.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
[quote author=mica3speedy link=topic=67792.msg1168152#msg1168152 date=1169729434]
sweet they are bring that to the states :goodjob:
[/quote]

From what I heard: "There is no market in the US for an entry model BMW."

:(

That was back in 2004 when this design originally came out.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
if it was affordable, i would love this car.

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
its got DDE too!

lol

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
The car would probably be near a 3 series in price fully loaded, and this is old news. There is a 120d over in Europe and its pretty popular.

At one point, the car was supposed to be the competition for the A3, but the european hatches never seem to do well in sales over here, its too bad because an S3 and an M1 would be cool to have although there was an original BMW M1 and being the first of the Motorsport cars, the new small guy would have to be named something different.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
the S3 got pretty bad reviews in europe, with critics wondering why audi didn't offer it with DSG. and also pointing out there are much, much better cars for the same price as the S3.

the 1-series got bashed too, reviewers complaining that the car didn't handle well enough to be called a bmw.

i see enough a3's around here in seattle, and always shake my head and wonder why they didn't buy a gti instead.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
lol I wonder that sometimes also, the A4 would be the step above. My mother has an '07 2.0T A4 and it's very quick.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
[quote author=superjudge link=topic=67792.msg1174726#msg1174726 date=1170096905]
The car would probably be near a 3 series in price fully loaded, and this is old news. There is a 120d over in Europe and its pretty popular.

[/quote]

Somehow I doubt that a car with over 300 horsepower and RWD will cost as much as a car with 160 and FWD. Not to mention the tiny fact that it bears that little blue and white badge on the front marks the price up at least 5 to 10 G's.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm sorry for throwing this in, but I think the Volvo c30 looks FAR more attractive and will probably be a better car for the price.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
From what I saw in this months euro tuner, there were a few C30's that were impressive at SEMA also. I'd expect this car to carry a usual higher olvo price also, unless it's targeted to the entry level category below the S40. Hopefully we will see a manual trans unlike what turned me off about the S40 and many others so I've heard.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[quote author=superjudge link=topic=67792.msg1205076#msg1205076 date=1171400792]
From what I saw in this months euro tuner, there were a few C30's that were impressive at SEMA also. I'd expect this car to carry a usual higher olvo price also, unless it's targeted to the entry level category below the S40. Hopefully we will see a manual trans unlike what turned me off about the S40 and many others so I've heard.
[/quote]

The S40 is standard Manual Transmission.
The C30 replaces the S40 and becomes the Volvo Entry level, Manual Trans. will be standard and will cost less than the S40 which is around 24K.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
oh ok I didn't know that, when i looked in '04, there was no mtx availible., I wasnt sold on the volvo anyway, and for the price, I could have gotten a WRX or something else that was high on my list then.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts