Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Base price is $US18K (about $23K CDN) for the 1.6L 4 door. There will be a 2.3L V6 and M1 coupe coming in the next year (05). Does anyone have anymore pics? It looks ok. THe Mz3 is more proportionalized.

Here is an article:
2005 BMW 125Ci Hatchback

Aug 24, 2003 | By: Matyas Varga - SRO

Since the new 7 series had been unveiled, BMW began to redesign their entire line of cars. It appears that BMW is pursuing a design promoting greater unification across their line. Now apparent through the new 5 series, which some might argue to be a toned down version of the 7 series and the late to be released 6 series, the new design follows a very unique classy trend.

New design is not the only thing apparent in BMW's newest line of cars. It also seems that the company is putting a more aggressive front against the sport compact market with their latest innovation, the new 1 series. While the Mini did set grounds against popular models such the Volkswagen Golf and Honda Civic, it fails to suffice to those seeking a more affordable upscale brand. To this end, BMW will release the 1 and 2 series as a replacement to the previously successful 318 models. Rhumours have it that an M1 will be released shortly after.

BMW has released the following picture of the 125 Ci Hatchback. Along with the soon to be released BMW 2 Series, 2005 BMW M1, 2005 BMW M5, 2005 BMW X7 and 2005 BMW Z2, the 125 Ci will prove to be a difficult contender to other manufacturers. Stay tuned at streetracersonline.com for a full release of the new BMW 1 Series.

+++
What do you ppl think?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Front end looks too long.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
I hate when luxury car makers go after dumber and dumber segments. They should stick to the high end.
lets wait for the specs first :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would seriously want this car, if it was out already. Those pics are quite old and heavily camoflagued. The engines will be the same 1.6 4 from the MINI Cooper, most likely a more powerful 1.6, BMWs Europe only sold 1.8 and 2.0 4s, there will be no 6 cylinder engines and the M1 will most likely have a 220 horsepower 2.2 Litre 4. It will be rear-wheel drive and start at around 20,000. The 2-Series would thus be the 1-Series coupes and convertables, as well as a rumored 1-series drop top. There were also rumors that an X1 would also be built but those rumors have seemed to have died down.

Expect it to be like the Z4. Ugly at first, greater every time you look at it.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Don't know about that one Mpower. I seen the Z4 and has yet grown on me. Still ugly. The 1 series is not that bad. Much better looking than the Z4.

·
Registered
111 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts