Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for a review mirror with homelink to install to my mazda3, I have been browsing around and I have find a couple of them on Ebay, are those complicated to install? is there a post with pics of this procedure with and older model?

I am also thinking on a bluetooth system, any recommendations? also a post with pics?

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
pazhope, please add your location to your profile or tell us where you are.

Options, trim, packages and availbility of features etc. vary by market.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a mazda on January 30. It is a mazda3-2010 top of the line. I am from Mexico.

So it doesn't come with leather, homelink and bluetooth :(, they reserve that for the Mazda 6, I think because of the price between those models.

I can post pics of the interior of the car if you guys need them..

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
[quote author=pazhope link=topic=135813.msg2924920#msg2924920 date=1234226720]
I can post pics of the interior of the car if you guys need them..
[/quote]

Please.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately it has been raining and is late, so this may not be the best pictures of all, but I will try to upload some more tomorrow.

I think the homelink install should be easy, if I am not mistaken I can connect it to the box on the top were the map lights are located. Have someone do this?

And about the bluetooth, do I have to disassembly the stereo? or can I access the stereo form the inside of the glove box.

Thanks in advance

Here are some pics:

And this is the entire gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/pazhope/Mazda

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Oh nice! I think that it's safe to say that you the first official 2010 Mazda 3 owner to post on here!

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question but am sure someone will chime in with some knowledge.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,

Hopefully someone will jump to the rescue.

So far I have seen some Gentex Auto-Dimming Mirror with HomeLink, and there are a lot of models, should I choose one in particular? Also, those the factory Auto-Dimming mirror comes with a Wire Cover, or the cable just run naked thru the window?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Congratz with the purchase! The more I see it, the more I'm liking it. I just need a bit more time for the rear hatch taillight to grow on me then I'm fully in love :)

dL

·
Registered
980 Posts
[quote author=manny link=topic=135813.msg2934948#msg2934948 date=1234555229]
lower that sucker! lol
[/quote]

I don't think there are any aftermarkets for it yet :p

dL

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Do they get a special title for that? lol...

·
Registered
6,667 Posts
[quote author=AlvinRow link=topic=135813.msg2934962#msg2934962 date=1234555512]
Hell Yes! 1st 2010 owner on the forum! Nice :p
[/quote]

i was waiting for this moment. this thread will be more for the stalkers of the first 2nd gen owner .... and not to answer his original question lol

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Congrats on the new car :), and welcome to the forums. It's really hard to answer your question because that's a new model (literally, it's not even on sale in the US yet), so there's next to no aftermarket support for it. I'm not much of an electrical guy though, so I don't know if the previous generation 3's Homelink mirror will work with the car.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
The question of auto-dim mirrors basically comes down to how the mirror mounts. If the mounting system on your car is the same as the old ones then you can definitely use an older model auto-dim mirror. The wiring is simple and basically just needs constant and switched power and a ground. Also take into account whether or not your car has autowipers..... on the older model the sensor was built into the mount for the mirror, so you had to have a specific mount to install the auto-dim. Oh and the OEM mirrors are made by gentex. Gentex produces the OEM mirrors for pretty much all manufacturers.

For removing the stereo we can't really help you because you're the first! :lol:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I gotta admit the rear of the sedan has grown on me.

For your question I believe you have to wait till it hits USA first and then 3 months later if that you'll have your answer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks..
Have been reading around an I already figure it out my mirror has a wedge mount (standard), and it doesn't come with wiper sensors (they remove all the nice little features in here).

I think I will buy one I already spot at Ebay, my only concern is if I can get the connections from the light panel on the top, I will try to pry it open today (it looks easy I don't see any screws or anything)

I will try to take some pictures.

About the bluetooth any recommendations has someone install one?

Ah, also I think I will try to upgrade my lights to HID, I will try to do a research on the forum today as well

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
^^ Not sure if you can get both switched and constant power at the maplights. If it's wired the same as the first gen then there's definitely constant power, but I don't think there's switched. The way mine is wired up is the wiring is run down the driver's A-pillar and taps wires behind the kick panel (constant power/switched power/ground)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Bluetooth and Homelink mirror for Mazda3-2010

Has anyone made any progress on this issue? I just bought a 2010 Mazda3 Grand Touring. I wanted the Homelink mirror, but the dealer was quoting ridiculous prices. I thought I would buy and install it myself. The only installation instructions I have seen are for the CX-9 mirror, which involves taking off the A-pillar trim and driver side sill. Is it the same for the 3? I am also concerned about damaging the rain sensor.

Anyone's experience with this installation would be helpful. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts