Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there to the guys that already have their mz3's...

Does the Aussie models have a blue light on the console like the one featured here? (near the 3 dials.)

·
Registered
250 Posts
although SP23's in Australia come with climate control and the 3 dials aren't there, so the lighting system might be slightly different. I haven't got my SP23 yet so I dont know, anyone confirm the blue light in the SP23 ????

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Shaund...

So theres no dials there, but the blue light is definately there???

Damn that's cool!!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Does the blue light have a purpose apart from looking funky?
Does it shine down from the centre console or the map light section on the roof or does it shine upwards from under the console panel?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have it on yours steve-o???

Or is it just available on the SP23 models?

·
Registered
650 Posts
No blue lights in my car. :(
It must just be the SP23 but I bet the wiring and light socket are hiding somewhere and just need a globe for the lower models.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't worry,

Just get an after market blue strobe light and hook it up to ur ciggi lighter.

:D :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey, what are all those knobs and dials to the right of the gear stick? I have a random groove (I assume a place to hold your phone) in the same place on my Maxx.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
zookeeper said:
Hey, what are all those knobs and dials to the right of the gear stick? I have a random groove (I assume a place to hold your phone) in the same place on my Maxx.
They are the controls for the Navigation system.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cool.....

I hope we'll be able to install some sort of aftermarket DVD player where the NAV system is in place..

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'm not sure if the SP23 is the same and the Neo/Maxx, however in my car the top panel above the air vents is solid and doesn't have a storage tray that could be converted to house a TV/DVD screen.

I suppose the panel could be removed and replaced with a foreign panel.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah...

That's what i was planning to do, it seems to be the only practical way.

There doesn't seem to be any room on the console itself, the only problem is being able to do this while keeping the full functionality on the LCD screen display. :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey, last night I noticed a red LED inside my SP23's ashtray - I opened the lid and there it was. BONUS!

Now to find something usefel to do with the ashtray...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats cool...

How effective is that red LED though??

Can you see properly?? Last thing you wanna be doing is searching for a $2 coin that you've put in there while driving.. :D :D

·
Registered
519 Posts
two things! :D

firstly, the sp23 does have the blue lights for the gauges. it only functions if, at the very least, the parking lights are on. one can either choose to:

(a) have the blue lights on with very faint red markings for the numbers;

(b) or to turn the blue lights off (via a dimmer dial to the right of the steering wheel - on au models), then press a simple button and have the numbers highlighted in luminescent red.

i have noted that the dimmer switch also controls the central console luminescence as well, so if you want to see your cd number/track number/climate control temp at night, then you had either dial it back up or bring a torch...

secondly, i have taken out the ashtray in my car and store my garage door opener in there. i tried to put coins in there, but find that with the ashtray out there is actually a narrow gap near the entrance that makes getting $2 coins very hard (personal experience) so i gave that up ;). with the ashtray out the light is actually white (i.e. useful), as the red component is in the ashtray itself. 8)

did i mention elsewhere its good to have my computer back? :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not being able to open the ashtray isn't a problem with the manual SP, seems to be a regular prob with auto's as my xtrail has the same problem getting to the coins when its in park.

·
Registered
519 Posts
no no fiordland, ashtray opening is fine on atx. i merely removed the inner component (the removable ashtray bit) to just leave the space covered by the flip lid. this is easy to access but the removal of the inner ashtray component does leave a smallish gap inside. try it and see!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts