Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really sure how to describe these lights... The ones that make the blue light appear on the speedometer and other gauges. I'm wondering if it is possible to take those bulbs out and replace them with a different color and get the same effect. If so, what is the bulb #? If this is too vague, let me know and I can try and explain in more detail.

·
Registered
223 Posts
These are the ones on the top of your cluster shining down onto the faces correct? If so they arent bulbs but are LEds. Each one has its one board and they look to be PLCC-2 leds. If you can solder then you can search for PLCC-2 on ebay and pick your color.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are the ones. Thanks man, I'm going with a red/white/black theme in my car and the blue just won't look all that great. You know of anyone that has done this? I am curious to see pics of different colors installed.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
So what color are you replacing the blue with? Red or White?

Looking forward to seeing results!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm not sure yet, I saw a "How To" change the cluster gauge colors and I like how that looks, so Im thinking about doing that first and then going from there. Ive had my 08 Mazda for 1 year tomorrow and have just recently got into the modding of it. My friend just got a 03 Honda Accord and is making his nice and talked me into doing mine as well. We just put in new HID's and LED interior this weekend. :koolaid:

·
Registered
253 Posts
[quote author=Pankayk link=topic=135655.msg2923716#msg2923716 date=1234200895]
there was some instructions on how to change em out, heres the link
http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=26798.0
let me know how it turns out
[/quote]

well it dosent tell you how to change out the blue part your talking about, but this should get you close though

·
Registered
182 Posts
[quote author=SuperTrooper link=topic=135655.msg2922711#msg2922711 date=1234151601]
Those are the ones. Thanks man, I'm going with a red/white/black theme in my car and the blue just won't look all that great. You know of anyone that has done this? I am curious to see pics of different colors installed.
[/quote]

I had an extra cluster so I tried white out. It looked pretty stupid in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
[quote author=corwest link=topic=135655.msg2926703#msg2926703 date=1234287463]
Thats because its reflecting off these blues we speak of here

[/quote]

I know, lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts