Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mazda 3
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my sedan 07 Mazda 3 when I noticed it was skipping gears while driving at slow speeds like having me in 4th gear at 15 mph. Car was shifting rough and jerking finally the car stopped driving I pulled over and it would not drive in gear or back up in reverse when put in gear car is basically having 5 neutrals this is a automatic transmission I checked the fluid and it was full i don’t know what’s wrong is the transmission gone ?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Check for OBD codes, including pending ones. If there are no meaningful codes, you could drop the tranny pan to check for the bad stuff, but it sounds like maybe you're not into that level of DIY. If not, you'll have to have it towed to a tranny shop for diagnosis.

·
Registered
2007 Mazda 3
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check for OBD codes, including pending ones. If there are no meaningful codes, you could drop the tranny pan to check for the bad stuff, but it sounds like maybe you're not into that level of DIY. If not, you'll have to have it towed to a tranny shop for diagnosis.
I changed the filter and the fluid about a few months ago because i had a similar issue where it was shifting hard and rough the fluid was dirt black and the filter was pretty much destroyed it was running fine and better after I did all that up until now but I am looking for a mechanic to come look at it after having to be pushed home

·
Registered
354 Posts
I changed the filter and the fluid about a few months ago because i had a similar issue where it was shifting hard and rough the fluid was dirt black and the filter was pretty much destroyed it was running fine and better after I did all that up until now but I am looking for a mechanic to come look at it after having to be pushed home
OK, I think you're saying that you did the fluid swap yourself, so why not just drop the pan again now and see if any metal is in there? That, plus reading codes is about all anyone can do, unless they bring pressure testing equipment with them.

·
Registered
2007 Mazda 3
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, I think you're saying that you did the fluid swap yourself, so why not just drop the pan again now and see if any metal is in there? That, plus reading codes is about all anyone can do, unless they bring pressure testing equipment with them.
I got the codes read today I got p0762 and P0766 where both relate to the transmission solenoids Says solenoid c is stuck on and the other says solenoid d stuck off for the other code I was told the best thing to do was see if it’s the transmission control solenoid and see if that fixes anything or get it rebuilt

·
Registered
354 Posts
I got the codes read today I got p0762 and P0766 where both relate to the transmission solenoids Says solenoid c is stuck on and the other says solenoid d stuck off for the other code I was told the best thing to do was see if it’s the transmission control solenoid and see if that fixes anything or get it rebuilt
I'd test the solenoids if it were mine, but your vehicle, your choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts