Mazda3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just registered on this page because like 3 hours ago i blew my engine, it sucked dry the engine oil and it is not the first time. My mazda hatch has 20,000 miles and the dealership changed the stock cylinder head(first) because supposedly the car runs lean on gasoline when over 6,000rpm and the valves burned up, so the dealership changed the stock cylinder head with a new one(second).

I used the car for only a week after getting it back from the dealership, and the oil light went on. So I took it to the dealership again and they told me that now the valve guides were too big on the valves and the rubber valves seals broke up and oil was comming trough the exhaust port when I ran the car. They refilled my oil to see how bad was the consumption of oil in my engine. They did that procedure 3 times (12+ oil quarts out through the muffler). Ok, they changed the cylinder head once again with a new one (third one in my car by now). They gave me back my car back last wednesday february 7 2007. Tonight February 13 like at 11 p.m. I was driving the car kind of hard without knowing the problem persisted, not overreving the engine and it got fu#$% up, A weird sound came from the engine, like a hard metal rattling, I had no other option but keep driving to my house to get a better look at it. When I got home I oppened the hood and sounded pretty bad, I think it is the first cylinder from right to left because it sounded louder on that side. So i turned the engine off and pulled out the oil dipstick and it was completely dried up like my previous times.

My questions after all this nightmare;
What is wrong with this cylinders heads mazda is producing?
Is the dealership not repairing it properly?
Is it lubrication failure at high revs like my mechanic told me?
Is it a pussy engine? or
Either I drive it too hard?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I'll apreciate any help, comments, advice.

Mariano (Puerto Rico)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.