21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
someone should add this to FAQ/Technical part

·
Registered
656 Posts
I am glad that this was the same as my car. Sometimes it can be a nightmare looking for a shorted wire. In fact, when I was tracking mine, I spent like 4 hours checking the whole wiring. This will not happen to stock cars since we have to remove the support bracket to clear the new intake pipe when going turbo. Now I use a tie wrap to hold the pipe and make sure that it does not run against a sharp edge.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
[quote author=HiBoost MZ3 link=topic=64637.msg1114506#msg1114506 date=1166639081]
I am glad that this was the same as my car. Sometimes it can be a nightmare looking for a shorted wire. In fact, when I was tracking mine, I spent like 4 hours checking the whole wiring. This will not happen to stock cars since we have to remove the support bracket to clear the new intake pipe when going turbo. Now I use a tie wrap to hold the pipe and make sure that it does not run against a sharp edge.
[/quote]

Yes the exposed wire was very hard to see. I had a light shining right on it but still had to be just inches away to see the wire. There is no exaggeration when I say it was only a few hairs size sliver of insulation missing.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
[quote author=Brian805 link=topic=64637.msg1108649#msg1108649 date=1166152210]
[quote author=HiBoost MZ3 link=topic=64637.msg1108599#msg1108599 date=1166147757]
Hey Brian, I will sned you a picture of where to look. This ahappened to me many times and it was awire that was rubbing against a sharp edge. :?
thanks a lot Juan I really appreciate it.
[/quote]

I am working on a car so that will make it easier to take the picture. I am pretty sure that it is the same wire that was shorting mine. The CEL will come on and the engine will hardly run like 300 RPMs[/QUOTE]

Hi Juan;
My car seems to have the same problem, Can you email me that picture Juan, or just give me an idea where to look, since it appears to be maf related and engine light on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey so I have a mazda 5 and this is exactly what is happening to my car can you guys explain or show me exactly what you guys are seeing where I need to check for grounding issues

21 - 27 of 27 Posts