Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm having an issue with the blower fan in my 2014 Mazda3. When I turn the fan on, it either works and then turns off and on randomly, or doesn't work at all. The fan and the AC both turn on/off when it does this. I have found that when I push on the knob, it makes the fan work. Because of this I think it is the blower fan switch, but I am not sure. I found a similar problem in this really old thread:

But other than that I have not found any other sources online. Hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!

EDIT: Drove it again. I found that the 1st and 2nd (lowest) fan settings didn't seem to have this issue. Also, the issue seemed to go away after driving for ~5 minutes on low fan setting. Then I was able to move it up and all the settings worked without issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm having an issue with the blower fan in my 2014 Mazda3. When I turn the fan on, it either works and then turns off and on randomly, or doesn't work at all. The fan and the AC both turn on/off when it does this. I have found that when I push on the knob, it makes the fan work. Because of this I think it is the blower fan switch, but I am not sure. I found a similar problem in this really old thread:

But other than that I have not found any other sources online. Hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!

EDIT: Drove it again. I found that the 1st and 2nd (lowest) fan settings didn't seem to have this issue. Also, the issue seemed to go away after driving for ~5 minutes on low fan setting. Then I was able to move it up and all the settings worked without issue.
Did you check the relay? It would be under the hood in the fuse box. Had a very similar issue and one day it just never came back on. Right as I was about to purchase and replace it I remembered a year or so back someone stole my relays. Darn things are $60 bucks each. I happened to remember one was labeled heater. Can't believe I dealt with it for almost a year for it to be something so simple.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This exact scenario happened to my protege back in the day. The fan and A/C worked on 1 and 4, but sporadically on 2 or 3. It was an issue with the A/C control board behind the controls. That was fixed by replacing the whole board. That was a long time ago, but I suspect this could be something similar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts