Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up with that super-duper super-star soccer player moving to the USA?

·
Registered
10,538 Posts
Re: Bloody Bloke Chat Thread

he got benched for 6 months hahahahaha

·
Registered
1,223 Posts

pay raise helps ease the move too.

so back to the seat deal... the MS3 sport gets a darker grey where the leather is on the GT. it still looks nice...but i think it would be awesome to have cosmic blue stripes on the bolsters instead of leather... would be cool if Mazdaspeed was done in the color of the car too...but eh...the red looks nice too.

·
Registered
549 Posts

Ok so it's slapped wrists and off to bed with no tea.

I like the look of the MS3 seats but I do think that the striped version is more eyecatching.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts

Tomorrow i will get you the links to some sites that have HID match bulbs...i know we have 2 or 3 sponsors that sell them too. Well i got an early morning tomorrow so im out for now.

·
Registered
549 Posts

In my opinion he may be a good player, but a player of what. Football yeah but also the media and the consumer. He makes an absolute mint in sponsorships and merchandise. Nice if you can get it, and a hot missus as well.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=willpower link=topic=67514.msg1161306#msg1161306 date=1169423119]
In my opinion he may be a good player, but a player of what. Football yeah but also the media and the consumer. He makes an absolute mint in sponsorships and merchandise. Nice if you can get it, and a hot missus as well.
[/quote]

Does he have any soccer talent left, or is he only a marketing machine now?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Oh yes he has talent, but I'm not sure that he will make as much impact in the states as elsewhere. You guys are not "in to" football(soccer) as much as Europe, so it will be an uphill struggle. But I'm sure he will makean absolute fortune. I heard the deal was for £128 million over 5 years.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The strange thing in the USA is that many children play on organized soccer teams (not football), but it's never caught on as a major sport here. From what I gather, part of his purpose (other than the megamillion$) is to change that peculiarity.

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
[quote author=willpower link=topic=67514.msg1172213#msg1172213 date=1169949153]
Oh yes he has talent, but I'm not sure that he will make as much impact in the states as elsewhere. You guys are not "in to" football(soccer) as much as Europe, so it will be an uphill struggle. But I'm sure he will makean absolute fortune. I heard the deal was for £128 million over 5 years.

[/quote]

he's a bloody plonker!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Not disagreeing with that. He & his wife are money making machines, the entourage surrounding them are sitting very pretty thankyou very much. Plonker he may be Multi Millionaire he is. Jealous ??

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[quote author=RB link=topic=67648.msg1172231#msg1172231 date=1169949854]
[quote author=willpower link=topic=67648.msg1172223#msg1172223 date=1169949464]
I seem to remember somebody using this just recently :femgearhead:

RB = :Owned:
[/quote]

Damnation, I thought I was posting in the UK Chat Thread. I have been owned big time.... :oops:
[/quote]

I got owned by those UK dudes. My southern upbringing may unleash its wrath before this is all said and done with. Now if y'all bloody blokes want to talk about BBQ, don't do it in this thread. Ah, never mind, I'm catching the next flight to the UK so we can settle this over a few pints of warm beer!

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL.... When is the best time of year to visit? I hate cold weather, but I do like fog.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Spring times good. Everything is fresh. Summers don't really live up to the name. Autumn is cosy, warm yet colourful.
Winter isn't anywhere near as cold as you guys get, and fog is pretty rare these days.
Basically anytimes good for a visit :)

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, sounds good. Hopefully neeldub will have my back - you know, just in case. ;)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
[quote author=RB link=topic=67514.msg1172289#msg1172289 date=1169951685]
OK, sounds good. Hopefully neeldub will have my back - you know, just in case. ;)
[/quote]

yep yep i got ur back... :D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
dont listen to willpower! compared to atlanta its colder here all the time, it rains constantly and you should visit in July through September...or whatever month we have our meet in! because that month will be warm and sunny too!(cant jinx a meet)

1 - 20 of 141 Posts