Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Home of the madcows

Hmm,

Judging by your madcow information, I know where you are and thanks for the heads-up on the blockheaters! Maybe I should get one?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Fobby_Monkey said:
Just got a call, and the block heaters are in. I wonder where it will go.
Thanks for the heads up Fobby_Monkey. It's -34C here right now. Just called my dealer in WinterPeg-they got some too. I think I better go in!!!
everfeb

·
Registered
89 Posts
nicenice, i pick up my car at the end of the month...so it will prolly be installed

·
Registered
314 Posts
SyChO said:
Call me a newb or whatever, but what exactly is a block heater? I am thinking its to warm up your seat but uh... that's a guess...?
The block heater is a little element installed in the oil pan of your car to keep your engine oil warm. You plug the block heater into a wall socket and it will help the oil stay liquid in crazy cold weather we have here in Montreal.

·
Registered
773 Posts
bobmtb said:
SyChO said:
Call me a newb or whatever, but what exactly is a block heater? I am thinking its to warm up your seat but uh... that's a guess...?
The block heater is a little element installed in the oil pan of your car to keep your engine oil warm. You plug the block heater into a wall socket and it will help the oil stay liquid in crazy cold weather we have here in Montreal.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh! heheh! Thanks! We never had to buy one, since we always got reliable cars that started at whatever temperature it was. I don't remember my dad ever saying he needed a boost in the past 20years!

p.s I in't saying the Mazda won't start, but I suspect you want it nice and oily when you start it in the cold. heh!.. Juicy! :lol:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Damn, I would have never thought to look in PowerPlants for info on block heaters. Some of the forums here don't really make much sense.

Anyways yeah I got the call this morning, I'll get it put in next Monday. The nice thing about the one in the PRo5 is that it had a nice cubby for it on the radiator support, don't know if that will be the case here.

·
Registered
882 Posts
That's cool, it will probably drop in temp again in February (these Chinooks we've had are nice though) so having the block heater for then will be nice just incase.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea man. I am pretty sure we will be hit by those -30+ weather in feb or early march. With me leaving Calgary for 2 weeks, it will be nice to plug it in, so that it won't freeze.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my block heater installed, and much to my dismay, they have the plug sticking out the middle of the black meshy grill of the lower bumper. I haven't tried to move it yet, but it looks like they would have had to really force it through one of those holes.

Where have other dealers been routing the cord???

·
Registered
89 Posts
my plug comes thru the front mazda badge..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts