Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys, I just started to black out my flying m and I decided to post I guess sort of a photo diary. Here's where I'm at so far.

and here's my car

Here's how I started:
I used a hair dryer to heat up the factory adhesive behind the logo. I ran the hair dryer for about 5 minutes until the adhesive started to get hot, and then I used dental floss to begin to 'saw' the logo off. I tried this for a while, but each time the floss snapped. Next I got a razor blade and began to pry the badge up VERY gently. I did this just so that I could get lift the badge off the back of the car a little bit. I then used the hair dryer again to heat the adhesive up just a little bit more, and then simply pulled off the logo.

I bought a GREAT product called Goof Off, which I'm sure most of you are familiar with. I picked it up at Home Depot and it cost me about $5. I put it onto a mini terrycloth and began to scrub away at the remaining adhesive left on my car. At first it was not working all that well, but then I began to get a little rough. I pushed down very hard and used an up and down motion opposed to left and right to remove the remaining adhesive. I picked off the glue that was not coming off easily with the Goof Off. I then made sure that all adhesive was off, and simply used water on a different terry cloth to clean up the area a little bit. To make sure all was well I used some automotive wax and made sure my car was flawless.

WILL COMPLETE POST WITH PICTURES BY TOMORROW (THURSDAY)

·
Registered
205 Posts
i sed steel wool to scuff em up pretty well. then about 10 coats of hobby paint meant to adhere well to metal like on model trains and such

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys sorry to take so long, I just started last night so I still have a couple things to do. Will finish my post by tomorrow :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote author=ssspeed333 link=topic=140498.msg3031172#msg3031172 date=1238568924]
lol!!!! ok im sorry i went along with it for a bit but is this person for real? im seriously lol'ing
[/quote]

I didn't even post how I began to paint the emblem or how to paint the emblem so far, so I have no idea what the hell you're talking about

[quote author=Version_3 link=topic=140498.msg3031661#msg3031661 date=1238601133]
Wrapping in Vinyl is the only other way I can think of besides painting. :nice:
[/quote]

Haha I don't get why you posted that here..

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
[quote author=Phillyz link=topic=140498.msg3031893#msg3031893 date=1238607859]
[quote author=ssspeed333 link=topic=140498.msg3031172#msg3031172 date=1238568924]
lol!!!! ok im sorry i went along with it for a bit but is this person for real? im seriously lol'ing
[/quote]

I didn't even post how I began to paint the emblem or how to paint the emblem so far, so I have no idea what the hell you're talking about

[quote author=Version_3 link=topic=140498.msg3031661#msg3031661 date=1238601133]
Wrapping in Vinyl is the only other way I can think of besides painting. :nice:
[/quote]

Haha I don't get why you posted that here..
[/quote]

I don't understand why you posted this stupid thread if your not going to tell anyone what you did. What is the point of saying your doing it a different way without proving it?

P.S. I drive my car a different way than anyone does, but its a secret. :roll:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Thread title. "my own way" Insinuates a new method other than the previously posted tutorial method. The only reason your thread got any attention from the forum is because you mentioned you were doing it your own way (possibly a easier way). There are plenty of other useless posts about how someone painted their badges, no one cares anymore.

Oh and GJ singling me out for "ruining" this forum for you since most of the other posts in this thread have a sarcastic undertone to them. If this post was just to show off your uber sweet (unmodded) car and painted badges, you might want to take it to the Multimedia section where it will go completely untouched.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
:redcard:

Please remain on topic and put away the flame throwers!

Phillyz, we look forward to seeing your method....whenever you're ready to reveal.

·
Registered
155 Posts
[quote author=Phillyz link=topic=140498.msg3031893#msg3031893 date=1238607859]
[/quote]

[/quote]

oh so ur doing it a diff way? sorry i misread the OP i thought you were teaching us how to paint badges not knowing everyone in this forum already knows how. well im up for new ideas so i'll stay tuned

and brian relax now bro

·
Registered
38,702 Posts
This is not a way to welcome new members. Relax, retire the flame-throwers and stay on topic (as Daniel already said)!

·
Registered
778 Posts
looking forward to seeing the final product. btw, where are you in the philly suburbs?

·
Registered
155 Posts
[quote author=LaraW link=topic=140498.msg3033067#msg3033067 date=1238636476]
This is not a way to welcome new members. Relax, retire the flame-throwers and stay on topic (as Daniel already said)!
[/quote]

echo echo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts