Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very easy upgrade to accomplish at the same time as you are installing the angel eyes. It only takes 1 extra step and I feel is well worth it.

For those that don't know what's up, we have removed the orange reflector and painted EVERYTHING except the high beam bucket black.

Angel eyes are available here:

http://www.dabears2k.com/product_info.php?cPath=39_59&products_id=118.

I used krylon gloss black for plastic. Prepped the surface with a light sanding and sprayed 2 coats.

installed pictures to come

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
finished putting them in about 10 min ago. no room in the garage with my roomate's car there to re-install bumper, but lets just say they look sweet!!

The Dabears2k car is rocking:

55w 6k HID Headlights
35w 6k HID Highbeams
35w 3k HID Foglights (shield removed) with yellow lamin-x
35w 5k HID Reverse Lights

its an HID party

·
Registered
283 Posts
im jealous matt... wish i had the guts to open up my headlights. :/ this mod will become super popular im sure... can't wait to see some installed pics! i love the 3k 35w hid fogs i got from you but... im thinking of taking out the shield. can you post some night pics of your car also so i can get a feel for how it looks?

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=FVmz3 link=topic=137115.msg2955097#msg2955097 date=1235373237]
im jealous matt... wish i had the guts to open up my headlights. :/ this mod will become super popular im sure... can't wait to see some installed pics! i love the 3k 35w hid fogs i got from you but... im thinking of taking out the shield. can you post some night pics of your car also so i can get a feel for how it looks?
[/quote]

You buy the pizza and beer and we can do it to your lights...

I will post pics once the car is back together.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey Matt,

I see you're in san diego and running the 55w low-beam kit. Are the 55w kits legal for lowbeams in California? I'm in Santa Ana and would love the extra output, but don't want any extra attention from the cops.

Also, if 4300k is the highest output in terms of temperature, why did you decide to go with the higher temp bulbs for your headlights? Purely aesthetic?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[quote author=DjAura link=topic=137115.msg2955422#msg2955422 date=1235402538]
Hey Matt,

I see you're in san diego and running the 55w low-beam kit. Are the 55w kits legal for lowbeams in California? I'm in Santa Ana and would love the extra output, but don't want any extra attention from the cops.

Also, if 4300k is the highest output in terms of temperature, why did you decide to go with the higher temp bulbs for your headlights? Purely aesthetic?

Thanks
[/quote]

This will be my one and only comment on this post, as we are going to keep it on topic...

HIDs are illegal if not equipped on the car from the factory. Period.

I think that 4300k looks dumb. Its egg-shell cream color. 6k is the best color.

·
Registered
398 Posts
[quote author=dabears2k link=topic=137115.msg2955425#msg2955425 date=1235402648]
[quote author=DjAura link=topic=137115.msg2955422#msg2955422 date=1235402538]
Hey Matt,

Thanks
[/quote]

This will be my one and only comment on this post, as we are going to keep it on topic...

HIDs are illegal if not equipped on the car from the factory. Period.

I think that 4300k looks dumb. Its egg-shell cream color. 6k is the best color.
[/quote]Wow, that was a fast response.

Gotcha. Back on topic!

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
[quote author=JOSH34 link=topic=137115.msg2955742#msg2955742 date=1235411018]
looks good. your blinker will suck now though
[/quote]

I thought the same but thought some forward facing LEDs would do the trick and keep the look clean.

·
Registered
503 Posts
yea I actually did this as my weekend project. redid all chrome trim black mica and the housing winning blue. honeslty I went to the police station in my town and talked to a buddy of mine. he said it was legit and deff liked it better (he owns a mazdaspeed 3)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Looks nice, especially on a white car, I bet. I wish I had bought a white 3!

Has anyone seen angel eyes with headlight tint? I wonder how detrimental it would be to the angel eye light output - it has a lot of potential to look really cool.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts