Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Winning Blue Sport GT... and then we get a foot of snow. Had to go out and buy snow tires immediately as the stock Goodyears are crap. I opted for 17" snow's (Hankook's) on the factory rims rather than 16" steel rims and tires. Think I'll use the stock rims for the winter and buy after markets for the summer (maybe not this coming sumer). Those who haven't heard of Hankook's, they are an exceptional snow tire for about 40% less money than the Pilots or other popular brands - plus you can get them to fit this car.
Anyway, dispite the snow, the car is outstanding - the more I drive it the more I like it. Can't wait until the roads are clean enough to take it for a little romp - BTW, I went for the leather with A/C and sunroof. The leather is more comfortable than the first impression during the test drive - very comfortable and not as cold as a lot of people think (seems to be the major complaint with leather). The stereo will eventually get new front speakers - probably Infinity Kappa's - no subs or big amps for me as the system delivers about all the sound I require.
The rear cargo area was bigger than I thought - my 4 tires fit back there (seats down) with room to spare.
The tranny in this thing is the best I have tested - silky smooth and well channeled. The ball bearing shifter seat (where the shifter sits in the shift well) is a marvalous feature. Engine is quiet and smooth with excellent response. Anyway, nuff said - I love this car and can understand how it has been so well received by the press.

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like the Canadian guys have great taste in color! According to the dealer, I'm the only winning blue in the city, for now anyway. They tell me the silver and gray are the most popular for cars on order. Have you guys noticed that a lot of heads turn when you drive by? I've had looks any where from :shock: to :D - gotta love it!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like a mod changed the title to my thread - whats with that?

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
I saw a 3 yesterday and thought it was a 6. It was a silver HB, looks bigger on the road than on the car lots. Definitely woulda considered the car versus the 6 if it had been out then. Love the blue, now we need more people to post pics of their 3s.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Black7 said:
Looks like a mod changed the title to my thread - whats with that?
One word: dinu
I think he likes to put the color of the car in the thread title, makes it easier for people to look at the colors they like

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
no, it's a good idea I think. it's just funny b/c everybody is like why did my thread title change?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts