Mazda3 Forums banner

Black or Silver HB?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm trying to decide which colour Mazda 3 (hatchback) to go for and have narrowed it down to Black or Silver and possibly Titanium. Not having seen these colours in real life (only seen the winning blue and titanium with a black plastic grill) I'm having some diffculty in imagining how they look (pictures I've seen on the web help but its nothing like seeing something for real). I was wondering if anyone has chosen black and later thought that it doesn't look so nice when dirty or it doesn't look as nice as in a showroom with all the bright lights and when its sparking and that they wish they chose a different colour? People have also commented about how you lose the lines in black, is this something that is noticable when seeing it in real (as it is in photos)?

For those who have seen a silver car, does this colour work well with the Mazda 3 and would you think its better than the black?

Thanks for your opinions.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I was set, originally on a Black Mica 3s sedan. But then I seen the HB in Sunlight Silver, and I was like omg... thats sexy.

I have pics in my sig of my Sunlight Silver HB.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Titanium is going to be the color of the year, and silver was the color of the year last year. Not many people have black metallic yet. I like the tit better than the silver, but there are too many of both already on the road.

My .02
Craig

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
Metallic Black. A few cons. Black shows scratches instantly like any other dark colored car. Black seems to fade quick turning gray. Black shows dirt instantly. Black on black intererior will roast you during summers too.

If you can keep it clean and scratch free, good luck. :)

The sunlight silver and titanium gray won't show scratches as much. The Titanium will show dirt faster than the Sunlight Gray, but not instantly like the black.

My vote is one of the grays. I own a titanium gray MZ3 now and I had a '96 Metallic Black Corolla. So, I've seen both ways....

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
cowtown said:
Black sucks.
Hey! I love my black car. It's so sexy. mmmm... but to each his own. I don't think I would buy another black car, it's just how it worked out with this one. *shrug* Buy the silver if you don't wanna have to clean the car every week for it to look ok.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I love my black 3S. I had originally liked the tit, but it's too popular. Yes, black is a little more labor intesive, but I'm a clean car fanatic anyway. I usually wash once a week in the winter and a few times a week in the summer depending on weather. I thought I'd never own a black car, but I do. If it does wind up fading, it's will look like charcoal. Sure to be next years color, and if it fades enough, it will look like all your tit sedans. :D I personally looks hot.

Craig

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
LOL. The black on the 3 is already "light" as it is (or maybe I just saw some dirty 3s), the mica filaments in the paint don't allow all the light to be reflected. I'd almost say the black looks like a really dark titanium grey!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies and for dinu01 turning it into a poll. Would have been nice to see more pics of the Mazda 3 in black (seen someone's pics in another section tho) after seeing vaBooM's great pics. :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hey! I love my black car. It's so sexy. mmmm...
I hear you, they do look great! But I've owned 3 black vehicles over the past 10 years and really I just can't deal with them anymore. I really like detailing cars and I am pretty good at it but black is just too tough to maintain and keep looking nice for very long.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts