Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought Jdesclafani's hatch grill, his car is black mica, for the sole purpose of hacking it apart and making my own grill for my car. (wanted to keep the original so i can sell the car later.) well it turns out it just looks so damn good w/o messing with it that i think im going to keep it as is. here are some pictures.

of course, now i want to find someone who has wrecked their car and is willing to part with their rear spoiler (in black mica) reaaaaally cheap... (college student after all)

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
looks good. remove that ugly mesh at the bottom and you're good to go.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
sorry but that looks terrible. like a cavy going down the street with the multi-coloured body panels because they've been to the junkyard a few too many times.

and what is that lower grille?

hideous. i just tasted bile.

[quote author=the415 link=topic=70330.msg1229377#msg1229377 date=1172337217]
looks good. remove that ugly mesh at the bottom and you're good to go.
[/quote]

you of all people i expected to agree with me.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
i think with some more work, it can look good.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
yeah, maybe... needs more black in the front end to tie it together. maybe paint the silver fog surrounds and PLEASE lose the mesh grille.

i don't even know if that is a lava orange, copper red or velocity red.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I think it might look better if you painted the bottom grille part (the bit attached to the bumper) black mica also. But the mesh has got to go.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
[quote author=Mazda3Pride link=topic=70330.msg1229454#msg1229454 date=1172340614]
I think it might look better if you painted the bottom grille part (the bit attached to the bumper) black mica also. But the mesh has got to go.
[/quote]
+1

·
Registered
13 Posts
[quote author=Mazda3Pride link=topic=70330.msg1229454#msg1229454 date=1172340614]
[/quote]

i agree too.

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
I don't think it looks too bad actually. I agree it might will look better without the buttom metal mesh. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mesh is there too stay... has blocked many bugs and shit from hitting the radiator. but i will probably re do it soon (its just rain gutter guard 0.25$). will probably paint it this time. as well as put a clemson tiger paw on it !!...

ill try get some better pics later (friend with a REALLY nice camera just flew back home.)

car is velo red.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=straight four link=topic=70330.msg1229924#msg1229924 date=1172358464]
its just rain gutter guard 0.25$[/quote]

which is exactly what it looks like.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
strangely enough it is only you guys that have a problem with it.

generally get good complements from car guys. (autox club and some de days.)

w/e.

to each his own. although i am problably going to take it off to get that leaf out of there and if it looks better off then itll stay off, or be painted some color. Im not going to spend thousands on a car that evocates so little passion in me. When i graduate and move back up into german cars again then ill spend money on paint jobs and car parts.

·
Registered
18,652 Posts
sorry to say but the all thing looks like ass, and not J-lo's

i say, only paint the 2 bars that hold the logo black.
leave the top car color.
and only paint the inside of them, it would look better.

now fix ur lower grill so it would like its in place and not double side taped.
and paint it black.

for now it looks like u got ur car parts at a junk yard!

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's ugly man...Maybe with a carbon fiber hood

Why does everyone want parts of their car different color than the body anyway? :thinking:

·
Registered
30 Posts
i dont like it that much, especially because theres still that 3rd piece, its not really a part of the grille but its the bottom piece to it, thats on the top of the bumper and its a different color, makes it look like the grille is in 2 different colors also.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=straight four link=topic=70330.msg1230470#msg1230470 date=1172376136]
strangely enough it is only you guys that have a problem with it.

generally get good complements from car guys. (autox club and some de days.)
[/quote]

b/c people are nice when they are face to face with someone. im sure someone has asked you what you think about something and you said it was nice so you wouldn't hurt their feelings.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts