Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey...
I want to get black lug nuts for my 3...I dont care how light they are or how heavy I just want them for a reasonable price. Im not sure what size i need...if anyone can give me a lead to where I can get them or what size the 3s have

Thank u\

:klavergreg:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
corksport sells some light weight lug nuts and you can choose the color from silver, black
the price is 45$ us

·
Registered
51 Posts
It can, but it isn't likely. Ever seen a powder coated rim? I would think the only way you would chip the coating on the lugs would be using a wrench that was the wrong size on them.

We have some wrenches in our shop that we coated as samples and I can beat them off the edge of the work bench without it chipping.

Some powder is more durable than others, but they are all pretty tough.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Anything anodized, powder coated, or painted can get scratched to reveal the metal beneath.

I think it might be best to buy anodized lugs because paint and powdercoats add thickness.

I really liked the moteki light weight lugs at evasive motorsports. They will save you 2lbs of rotating mass total after replacing all your stock lugs.

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
you only have to replace the front ones to reduce rotating mass. the rear makes pretty much no difference

and yes, painted and anodized will scratch regadless.

as long as the face is clean who cars? you rarely see the sides once installed I guess.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Can you just paint the lugs or will this chip to easily ?
Try Ebay you can find most any thing there.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
replacing the lugs will give nothing in terms of performance
replacing the tire even one lb less will make much more of a diference, the weight of the tire is at the exterior where the lugs are closer to the center.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts