Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if my current rim purchase falls through i'm looking at a few options for rims. i'm looking to pay up to $700 usd for new, 17" rims preferably 7-7.5" wide.

i really like the look of black rims but i tend to shy away from the polished lip design unless the wheel is phenomenally attractive. i do like a red lip though. i prefer a flat black, five spoke like a rota slipstream. the rotas are actually my ideal but i've created this thread for some recommendations if anyone has any.

what i'd like is for some suggestions on black rims at a good price. weight is not so much of an issue as long as they're at least a little lighter than oem. i love a flat black, five spoke design but i also like multi-spoke designs if executed properly.

i guess what i'm asking is if anyone knows of any rims similar to what i've outlined, and at what price? any good deals you know of? good deals on rota slipstreams? any help at all would be greatly appreciated as i've sold my stock rims and winter seems to be sucking the big one here so i'd like to get a good set of rims going as soon as possible.

lemme know and thanks for any help!

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
Nvm, I found a pic on the S-E exhaust thread (red). Finding a red lip on black would be killer, but the only rims I've seen like that were on GT4 :lol:.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
velocity red.

whatever rims i get are going to be wrapped with some 215/45 something or other. probably some ecsta asx since i'll need to try them at some point anyway.

they make slipstreams with a red lip but i can't seem to find them with the right bolt pattern for a decent price. if i buy cc's enkeis then i might powdercoat them black.

·
Registered
10,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
low enough that it's a steal. unless i ding or fuck one up. then, since they're obviously older, i'm up shit creek for a replacement.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
True. I say go for it, and be careful (but I mean hell, who isn't when they have aftermarkets?). And if something were to happen (knock on wood), then you could troll other forums, and see if you can find them on there.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Kyowa Racing KR-210, 17 lbs from the manufacturer. They have a polished lip behind the spokes, which I think looks real nice! I've seen them for $111 each.

EDIT: I have to mention that the KR-210s on the Evo are in the gunmetal, which I think looks nicer than the polished black.

There's also the Kyowa KR-220, which is similar to the one posted by jflash.

If you don't like the shiny black, JDR had ALT Sonix in matte black that looked really sweet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts