Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys. I'm trying to find what a decent price for this car I will be making an offer on. It is an '08.5 S black hatchback with a manual transmission and 22K miles. I can't tell if it's a touring or a sport, but there's only about a $100 difference between the two if I'm not mistaken. It doesn't have a sunroof or leather interior. The car is in very good condition and the tires have a lot of tread left. The dealer has it listed for $16K and that is obviously high. I am thinking about offering $14,250 along with tinting the windows but I'm not sure if I'm coming in too high initially. I live in Texas.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
10,760 Posts
the only difference between sport and touring for 08.5 is that the touring has DSC/traction control. the sport does not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in PA and I've been looking for a 2004-2009 mazda 3 hatch for a while and I actually just bought mine a couple days ago on 6/8/11.

I got a sunlight silver 2008 mazda3 s touring hatch with 42k miles, 5speed manual, windows tinted, cloth interior, and sunroof for $14500 and it was listed for $16985 in an area right outside Pittsburgh.

I've seen them typically listed at dealers in the NE anywhere from $13k- $16500k with under 50k miles and I was searching anywhere from Ohio, PA, NJ, NY,MD, WV, and even into the Carolinas.

·
Registered
659 Posts
[quote author=DamnLocust link=topic=190399.msg4039752#msg4039752 date=1307088330]
the only difference between sport and touring for 08.5 is that the touring has DSC/traction control. the sport does not.
[/quote]

Doesn't the touring have additions asthetics on the outside? Or are they the same for all S models?

I have an S-touring, which I ended up going with because apparently the US gov't is going to make DSC mandatory on all new cars in a few years, so might as well get it now. Not to mention it's a potential life-saver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts