Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Could not wait any longer I have begun to order mods.

CP-E CAI in polished finish... To be shipped REAL soon. Purchased from StreetUnit.com

ETS 3 1/4" TMIC intercooler and AWR rear mount. Purchased from Protegegarage.com

CP-E HKS BOV kit for MS3. Purchased from TheRPMstore.com

I am waiting for a downpipe and cat-back to show up.

I also will be holding off on the XEDE at this time (maybe just until I get other mods in or for P&P to be avail.???), or COBB to crack the Mazda infamous code. I still am Leaning towards the XEDE at this time... NUTARI (Steve) has been extremely helpful and willing to support me with tuning...COBB has not made a peep?!!!

Well we will see what gains I get with all the goodies I ordered..."SEAT DYNO"!!!

Joe in RI

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bit the bullet again bought XEDE!!!

Hey all,

I just did it I put my order in for an XEDE from Protegegarage.com recc. by NUTARI...He has been a great help via e-mail and will continue to support me through upgrades. I hope to have XEDE by Sat 20.

I am not too worried about P & P at this point I can make wiring look stock and neat as it is from the factory. (I was an MECP certified installer of mobile electronics for 15 years)...

I figured, what the hell it's only money...I want more speed...;)

Joe in RI

·
Registered
757 Posts
Re: Bit the bullet again bought XEDE!!!

[quote author=jnprn2003 link=topic=67173.msg1153814#msg1153814 date=1169028044]
Hey all,

I just did it I put my order in for an XEDE from Protegegarage.com recc. by NUTARI...He has been a great help via e-mail and will continue to support me through upgrades. I hope to have XEDE by Sat 20.

I am not too worried about P & P at this point I can make wiring look stock and neat as it is from the factory. (I was an MECP certified installer of mobile electronics for 15 years)...

Joe in RI
[/quote]

Glad to see someone as obsessed with his car as I am with mine. :) Once you get everything in, I will walk you through everything.

I have walkthroughs for just about everything you purchased. If you need any more help. I will be more than happy to take detailed pictures step by step of the way.

I'll even tell you some tricks I thought of after I installed the XEDE to make it look cleaner.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
hah, you crack me up joe, like yoda said, impatient you are :p
glad you got the stuff because it will be nice (for me) to see it all up close.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Re: Bit the bullet again bought XEDE!!!

dang and I just saw the other thread. wtg joe, balls out front and not lookin back. :D

·
Registered
14,911 Posts
Merged.

·
Registered
241 Posts
joe,
im not that far from Rhode Island, actually live right on the boarder near woonsocket.
where you located? cant wait to see the mods in person!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Can you post how you installed the HKS BOV part with the recirc tubes. I'd like to see pictures especially the recirc part and where the tube goes.

One question I have with all these HKS BOV threads is are you just replacing the stock BOV which already is in recirc mode and has a tube from its tip to somewhere else on the engine and you just use that to replug the new BOV in recirc mode?

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Excellent! Did you decide you want more for your money than just having the stuff be included in the warranty? Or did you just get tired of waiting for the MS stuff and decide you want it RIGHT NOW! Of course, a lot of that stuff isn't quite ready to ship, right? What are the ETAs?

In any case, that is gonna be one badass MS3. Please keep us right up to date with everything from receiving to installing to DYNOING. You can't just rely on the butt dyno! If you're tapped out after ordering all this stuff, we'll all chip in a few bucks for the dyno, right people?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Desperado Callado...

I am not sure but your post seems a bit sarcastic?

I began my journey with the MS3 wanting to use Mazdaspeed parts and keep the factory warranty...I have since changed my mind and decided that I wanted a streetable race car of sorts...I have many friends in the automotive business one with a dyno by the way. I need no collection from the forum to test my car...my seat dyno works just fine...when I get a chill up my back while punching the throttle or I can visit my good friend who builds race cars for a living.

I have more than enough resources to pay for whatever my heart desires...not using credit-cards by the way.

If your post was not meant to be read that way please accept my apoligies...;)

Joe in Bristol RI..come on down and we can race!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
[quote author=jnprn2003 link=topic=67170.msg1155371#msg1155371 date=1169094321]
Desperado Callado...

I am not sure but your post seems a bit sarcastic?

I began my journey with the MS3 wanting to use Mazdaspeed parts and keep the factory warranty...I have since changed my mind and decided that I wanted a streetable race car of sorts...I have many friends in the automotive business one with a dyno by the way. I need no collection from the forum to test my car...my seat dyno works just fine...when I get a chill up my back while punching the throttle or I can visit my good friend who builds race cars for a living.

I have more than enough resources to pay for whatever my heart desires...not using credit-cards by the way.

If your post was not meant to be read that way please accept my apoligies...;)

Joe in Bristol RI..come on down and we can race!
[/quote]

Sarcastic? Nah. Envious? Yes! Budget crunch here due to huge TX property tax bill, etc. Definitely no need to apologize. Actually, I am glad you're not gonna buy the Mazdaspeed stuff at MSRP, since it seems nutty to me to pay those prices and a bad precedent for the rest of us. But even if so, it's a free country, you work hard for your money, and that's your business.

Anyhow, sorry my tone got you off track. Still curious about the ETAs on the goods. Looks like the CAI is very imminent. But what about the 3.25 TMIC? I thought those were delayed for some reason. Anyhow, looking forward to any dynos you decide to have done. Be nice to see a non-vendor dyno on the TMIC without any other mods, since we just have the one on a 3.5 on an MS6 so far. Sure you don't want us to take up a collection so you can do multiple dynos of at least some items separately?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
[quote author=jnprn2003 link=topic=67170.msg1153777#msg1153777 date=1169018324]
Hey all,

CP-E CAI in polished finish... To be shipped REAL soon. Purchased from StreetUnit.com

ETS 3 1/4" TMIC intercooler and AWR rear mount. Purchased from Protegegarage.com

I also will be holding off on the XEDE at this time (maybe just until I get other mods in or for P&P to be avail.???), or COBB to crack the Mazda infamous code. I still am Leaning towards the XEDE at this time... NUTARI (Steve) has been extremely helpful and willing to support me with tuning...COBB has not made a peep?!!!

Well we will see what gains I get with all the goodies I ordered..."SEAT DYNO"!!!

Joe in RI

[/quote]

you're kidding right ? you're going to add hardware first and then use the access port to reflash the ecu ?
but they're testing their accessports with stock parts. None of it fits.

·
Registered
757 Posts
[quote author=NoobInACan link=topic=67170.msg1158568#msg1158568 date=1169249657]
[quote author=jnprn2003 link=topic=67170.msg1153777#msg1153777 date=1169018324]
Hey all,

Joe in RI

[/quote]

you're kidding right ? you're going to add hardware first and then use the access port to reflash the ecu ?
but they're testing their accessports with stock parts. None of it fits.
[/quote]

Look at his second post...

[quote author=jnprn2003 link=topic=67170.msg1153814#msg1153814 date=1169028044]
Hey all,

Joe in RI
[/quote]

StephanieT and I will be helping him to tune his car for the added mods.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
i order the exact same items...-the xede....cant wait to get all those part to get here....just got my car back from soundinnovations.....new sound system are off the hook...with remote start.....better sound...done!!..now i need more speed!!!

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Geez... i got so much tied up with the business right now, people are getting ahead...

Cant wait to see dyno's and tunes with XEDE for aftermarket parts added

Im gonna wait untill spring time... you will give me a good idea on what to get and what not to get

Keep us updated

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey all,

Going to go with recirc seeing I am adding a CPE CAI...already have XEDE...Boy what a difference!

Joe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts