Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you go to the Bilstein main site, and put in (for me, 2004 Mazda 3) it brings up the parts numbers for the Volvo S40 shocks and struts.

Interesting, I know the Volvo S40 and the Mazda3 are on the similar chassis. Are the shocks the same for each model through Bilstein?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I think that may be a site error - I know the Volvo struts will work - but they need to be modified.

If you download the .pdf file of the whole catalog, there are a bunch of applications for the Mazda 3 - unfortunately there are no vendors in the US who have them, at least the last time I looke for them.

If you find a distributor in the US please post it, you will be my hero for that day.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
223 Posts
[quote author=myork link=topic=70614.msg1236157#msg1236157 date=1172597767]
If you download the .pdf file of the whole catalog, there are a bunch of applications for the Mazda 3...
[/quote]

the part #s are the same for the Mazda 3 & Volvo S40.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
NSN modifies a different car model's struts/shocks to work on the Mazda 3. Steve had said it wasnt a Volvo version and wouldnt disclose any other information.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
[quote author=myork link=topic=70614.msg1237040#msg1237040 date=1172612418]
NSN modifies a different car model's struts/shocks to work on the Mazda 3. Steve had said it wasnt a Volvo version and wouldnt disclose any other information.

[/quote]

Wow, never knew that. Steve's a smart guy... I wonder if the listing on his site is a modified rear or just a placeholder so he can get a strut he can modify.

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
I ordered the Bilstein's from NSN last week, and am working with Steve to get them installed now. It's not an easy mod, but they are gonna be totally awesome if we can get 'em to fit right.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
oh, so the rears aren't made for our car? dang. maybe I'll just get koni yellows when my stock shocks go. I'm not too sure about getting Tein coilovers anymore.

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
[quote author=j-so link=topic=70614.msg1411307#msg1411307 date=1179241226]
Yeah, but they only have the front application.
[/quote]

Yep. Has anyone tried emailing them? I mean if they made the front, they had to of tested the back, too (it only seems logical, if you ask me)

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Ok guys, I just got my Bilsteins installed-- these are the ones that Steve at NSN sells, and he will give you specific modification instructions when you buy them. It basically involves slightly drilling out an eyelet and a strut mount, nothing too hard, but definitely there's a possibility you could ruin the shocks if you mess them up doing it. If you're up for it though, i HIGHLY recommend this setup. I can't even begin to describe how impressed I am with the full Bilstein strut/shock combo. And NSN's crazygood pricing gets them to you for cheaper than the FSD's! I'm one happy little mazda lover.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts