Mazda3 Forums banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts
I have PSS9's on my GTI and they are awesome, especially with a rsb.

[quote author=*Angel-Of-Darknes* link=topic=75495.msg2078317#msg2078317 date=1203288467]
look like they are about 2500 us dollars...pretty damn expensive i know but those are by far the best coilovers you can buy IMO of course. The H&R are close because they use parts from Bilstein but they arent adjustable and I like the Variant 3 from KW but im still looking for someone who can pick a few set up for sale.
[/quote]

best coilovers you can buy for this car anyway...PSS9's and KW Variants would be the best ones by far for the car. But from what I have seen on many a forum KW on the overall probably makes the better quality of the two.

Hello all,
I just purchased and installed a set of B14 Bilstein coilovers for my 2016 Mazda 3 SGT and I thought I should put in my two cents.

-First impression.

Very streetable balance of valving and spring rate. I used to road race an Integra which was gutted and had every bit of suspension/chassis stiffening item you could imagine and it drove like it was on rails. I'm a big fan of properly tuned aggressive suspension and while the B14 on the mazda isn't as stiff as I would like it, it does perform quite well. The actual performance gains are probably the best bang for the buck and it does drastically improve the overall function of the car.

UNFORTUNATELY.... I seem to be experiencing the dreaded B14 'grind' as described in this post from the Mazdaspeed forums: Anybody running Bilstein B14 PSS Coilovers? - Mazdaspeed Forums I've posted a video with 3 points where the noise comes up. The first is through the gate entrance driving over the gate track. The second is over the speedbump. The third is turning right (after two stop signs) driving over a drainage ditch. The noise seems to come about under the compression stroke. Turn of the volume and listen for it when the suspension compresses right after each road 'feature'.

https://youtu.be/ZFrsMajgvOE

Experiencing this at all?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.