Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
Re: Bilstein B14 PSS coilovers ordered (now with pre installation pics)

Got the Ultraleggeras on today, the coilovers are getting installed on Wednesday. I'll post pics and impressions asap....

Discussion starter · #25 ·

Dropped the car off at the dealer to get the coilovers installed, picking it up tomorrow after work. Can't wait :eekcrazy:

Discussion starter · #27 ·

The drop should be in the range of 1.2 - 1.6 inches

Discussion starter · #28 ·
as promised my first impressions after picking up the car this evening.
WOW, it seems to be even better than I dared to hope. The ride is more comfortable but very much more controlled than the OEM setup :shock: Once more it seems to pay off investing in sophisticated components. It's so much better balanced than the OEM setup that I hardly can believe it. I also noticed that the clunking noises so often heard with the OEM shocks are gone. At the moment the ride height is still a bit on the high side but I will drop it a bit more there is still about 1 cm left. As I already posted the Bilsteins are the wrong setup if you are looking for maximum drop.
For the moment I couldn't be more happy :D

Attachments

Do you know any information on the spring rates? How about adjustability, is it just height adjustable or can you change compression/rebound on the shock?

Discussion starter · #31 ·
[quote author=Grodzman link=topic=75495.msg1466701#msg1466701 date=1181161146]
Do you know any information on the spring rates? How about adjustability, is it just height adjustable or can you change compression/rebound on the shock?
[/quote]

I have no information on spring rates, it is height adjustable. The B14 is not adjustable for caompression/rebound, if you need that Bilsteins B16 PSS offers full adjustability for damping but costs quite a bit more.

look like they are about 2500 us dollars...pretty damn expensive i know but those are by far the best coilovers you can buy IMO of course. The H&R are close because they use parts from Bilstein but they arent adjustable and I like the Variant 3 from KW but im still looking for someone who can pick a few set up for sale.

yeah i just pm'd the starter and he wrote me back on who he bought them from...so im gonna try and work a way for them to get these shipped here to the US or a way for my dad to pick them up when hes in europe because these really fantastic coilovers

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.