Mazda3 Forums banner

Bilstein B14 PSS coilovers first impressions and a first pic

33K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  noobinacan 
#1 ·
Today I ordered a set of Bilstein B14 PSS coilovers for my Speed 3. I'll give you my impressions as soon as they have been installed (will take 2 - 3 weeks time).

Greets, from Switzerland

Ralph

#3 ·
Re: Bilstein B14 PSS coilovers ordered

The main reason is that in the past I was always very pleased with the results when I used bilstein products. Feedback from (non MS3 specific) users says that they are quite comfortable for coilovers and that the quality is top notch. They do not allow as much drop as KW or H&R, but as I'm not looking for a drop than more of 4 cm that is Ok for me.

#6 ·
#8 ·

The coilovers have finally arrived, but my dealer told me I have to wait untill June 6th for installation because he already has so much work in the shop :(

#9 ·

[quote author=kawiralph link=topic=75495.msg1409057#msg1409057 date=1179170081]
The coilovers have finally arrived, but my dealer told me I have to wait untill June 6th for installation because he already has so much work in the shop :(
[/quote]

Any Idea what the spring rate is on em? I'm tryin to compile a list of all available coilover kits and their info :)

#10 ·

[quote author=Mellman link=topic=75495.msg1409219#msg1409219 date=1179173983]
[quote author=kawiralph link=topic=75495.msg1409057#msg1409057 date=1179170081]
[/quote]

Any Idea what the spring rate is on em? I'm tryin to compile a list of all available coilover kits and their info :)
[/quote]

No, I haven't seen any specs for the springs.

#15 ·
Re: Bilstein B14 PSS coilovers ordered (now with pre installation pics)

detail!
Note: Here in Switzerland every modification of the suspension has to be approved by Swiss "TÜV". For approval you need papers showing that the parts used were designed and released for an exact type of vehicle. The papers I received say that the coilover set is for use with all types of mazda 3. No special setup is made for the Speed 3. As I was looking for a better controlled ride that hopefully isn't much harsher than stock and a mild drop of about 3-4 cm the extra weight of the speed 3 compared to a 2.0 Mazda 3 may be helpfull. I'll post my impressions as soon as the coilovers are installed and I have been able to drive the car for a few days.

Attachments

#18 ·

[quote author=udontknowajck link=topic=75495.msg1422175#msg1422175 date=1179534076]
how much are they again?
[/quote]

Here in Switzerland, were everthing is expensive, they cost 2000 SFr thats about 1650 USD! I'm sure that even though we are neighbours to Germany you will be able to get them for less in the US or in Canada :x

#20 ·

Just for comparison, the H&R coilovers cost something over 1700 USD in Switzerland. That would mean that in the US you should be able to get the Bilsteins for around 1000 - 1100 USD. In Switzerland the KW Variante 3 (MS coilovers) cost around 2650 USD.....

#23 ·

Got the Ultraleggeras on today, the coilovers are getting installed on Wednesday. I'll post pics and impressions asap....

#25 ·

Dropped the car off at the dealer to get the coilovers installed, picking it up tomorrow after work. Can't wait :eekcrazy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.