Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here bought wheels from www.bigwheels.net ? I've been looking for ADR Sokudo 10's and thats the only website that looks somewhat reliable. Or does anyone know of any other reliable ADR wheel dealers?

Thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
ive had adr rims for the past 2 summers and they have been fine for me

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=tigermack link=topic=136096.msg2931302#msg2931302 date=1234431203]
Stay away from ADR.
[/quote]

can you explain?

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I'm sure some of the reasons may be weight, poor craftsmanship (yet Rotas were accused of the same thing for a long time), etc. I wouldn't worry about ADR as a cheapo budget wheel for Daily Driving and you're not racing auto-x or track events.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
+1

[quote author=PRBLU3MZR link=topic=136096.msg2932082#msg2932082 date=1234461993]
I'm sure some of the reasons may be weight, poor craftsmanship (yet Rotas were accused of the same thing for a long time), etc. I wouldn't worry about ADR as a cheapo budget wheel for Daily Driving and you're not racing auto-x or track events.
[/quote]

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote author=tigermack link=topic=136096.msg2932131#msg2932131 date=1234463320]
Because they weigh more than the stockers and they are poorly made. I have been to shops that carry them and they have some shitty finish. Again, you get what you paid for.
[/quote]

yeah, they are pretty cheap rims but i dont have too much to spend on wheels. You think they'd be fine for just daily driving though? Or do you totally not recommend them?

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Well, my brother use to have some cheapo ADR's on his sentra for 3 1/2 yrs with daily driving and spiritied driving. Only reason he got rid of them was for a trade + cash to friend he knew that just needed wheels really quick. Again, everyone has different stories, but if you're just gettin' them for the basic use of having wheels, NOT to race, you would be fine. Just don't think ADR is your only option of a cheap (pricewise) wheel to buy. Shop around some more, you would be surprised, aswell check craigslist and other forum sites too. Hell, you can get OEM speed wheels for the price of brand new ADRs these days, if not cheaper.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i was thinking about speed wheels. I almost bought them off a local member but backed down because I was leaning more towards aftermarket rims. I grew attached to the black with chrome lip on my black sedan look.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
[quote author=blankets3 link=topic=136096.msg2932508#msg2932508 date=1234473311]
just staying in this thread?

http://bigwheels.net/index.php?loca...8 Evolve Flat Black Red Stripe&bold_id=340116

what does ppl think of this?

(as far as quality, and fit go) (looking to get as close to OEM in size as possible)
[/quote]

Well, I've never heard of em', but I'm sure others on here who are deep into wheels may have. For the price and being no-name, I wouldn't go for those.

·
Registered
570 Posts
i have a set of 17X7 sokudo 10 for the past 2 summers. had no problem with it. it acually weight around the same as teh factory 17".

i personally think they are strong. i live in NYC and there are potholes everywhere. only bent 1 rim recently due to hitting a high curb VERY hard in snow. now im looking for 1 single rim.

i bought mine here...
http://www.maxspeedperformance.com/xcart/home.php?cat=133
its way cheaper and when i emailed adr themselves, they sent me to that place

1 - 18 of 18 Posts