Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got rota torques on and i love them and i got the hub rings also the issue is some how the lugs get loose by themselves this has happened 2 times i got the rims installed at tires choice in boynton beach fl. the first i lost 2 lug nuts and the other 3 wherent that tight they replaced it all said the hub ring has to be CRUSHED in there but now its fine. i said ok your sure this time? he replied yes so it was smooth as silk then, the 2nd time i lost 1 nut and they replaced it tightened it with the air gun and used manual tightening so its on there snug this time but ill see. anyone know what could be causing this issue?

P.S. they broke 2 studs so they had to replace those thanks idiots i couldnt go to class since the car was in "pieces" at the shop over night.

·
Registered
920 Posts
[quote author=ebhcr link=topic=69739.msg1213485#msg1213485 date=1171693887]
Go somewhere where they know what they're doing...
[/quote]

couldnt agree more!

If they came loose, it means they were not thightened to begin with. With road vibrations they can come off quite easily. I use a torque wrench to 80 lbs.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I had the same problem with the Rotas on my old VW GTI. Turns out the wheel shop gave me ball seat lugs instead of cone seat lugs. The wheels were loosening themselves and it was kind of scary. Might want to check that out, and make sure all the lugs are properly torqued.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
think it could be something wrong with the wheel itself? i doubt it though and i doubt the hub ring could be at fault too......damn them! if it happens again bleh what to do....

·
Registered
35,160 Posts
it's probably the lug nuts

and don't let anyone put an impact gun anywhere near your rims. that's how you chip them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts