Mazda3 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
Picked up an intact coolant Reservoir, an intact Mazda valve cover, Fusion VVT connector and Coil connectors which seem to be common to break on the mazdas (The ones in the junkyard were ALL Destroyed)

I need to put the Flywheel on the engine, and install the clutch and then Mate the engine & transmission and its going in the car, But tomorrow is the wifes birthday, so its gonna be on hold a few days

EDIT: This is how i feel about getting the wrong VVT solenoid plug

EDIT #2:

Being that i dont like to give up, i wasnt leaving until i was satisfied............. I dropped in the pilot bearing, torqued the flywheel to spec then torqued the pressure plate to spec, put the new throw out bearing in place and then mounted the transmission.... All Solo, took me a bit of positioning everything properly with 2x4s to get the transmission to slide in, but With a bit of patience and ingenuity, it went together Smoothly

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
Got the engine in place, am hooking up coolant lines, now im regretting taking more pics, because im confused where a few things go, but ill just have to check the FSM and wiring books and ill be alright

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow! You had the whole front of the car apart! Time to start getting excited... You're close!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
My headers have three sensors on them, i cannot find the connector to the one on the right in the pic below, i am Stumped, looked under the car a few times and over my wiring harness, didnt see the connector Anywhere.........

Literally bout one of the very few things left to do before i get it going, still waiting on the TB

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mazda3 only has two o2 sensors...third must be an aftermarket wideband

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #67 (Edited)
Mazda3 only has two o2 sensors...third must be an aftermarket wideband

You beat me to my discovery, i Went and looked Again, AND AGAIN, stuffed my hand Everywhere i could, then i remembered thinking something about an o2 plug that wasnt connected..... i dont remember exactly why i thought about it when taking apart..........

so i just sat and went through my wiring book page by page

on Page 51 - 0410-1c i discovered that the plug im seeing on the 3rd o2 is not relevant to the engine wiring harness because Plugs 0140-112 , 0140-113 And 0140-114 Are all 4 wire plugs to begin with, So even if i had 3 plugs from the wiring harness as this model in the book(which i believe is a california addition), the plug for the sensor wouldnt match up, so im quite lost as to what the 3rd one is until someone chimes in, but heres a pic of the plug

So id been chasing a connection that doesnt exist.... LOL

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm surprised whoever you got the header from gave you the sensor without the gauge and supporting electronics.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
I'm surprised whoever you got the header from gave you the sensor without the gauge and supporting electronics.

I found a match....... http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_info.php/products_id/534

it came installed on the car, as did a bunch of goodies that the person i bought it off didnt even know about, Being that they never even changed the oil.......... (it was BLACKKKK) i doubt they knew the car had any of the additions it came with........

My thoughts are, the person who owned it before the people i bought it from, Knew that something was going wrong, and they passed it onto them for a Deal to get rid of it, and they drove it until I bought it to ressurrect it

EDIT: Just figured id throw this one out there.......... The couple i got the car off of, had picked up like an 05 mustang for Him... and they found some Hyundai for her (he claimed he paid $200 for it), he turned on the mustang, and it was ticking to hell, he was telling me how nice it is, and i just "yeah.... yeahh... i hear ya" and thought to myself...... Someone ragged the hell out of that mustang before selling it, good luck bro, and i bought the mazda and left

·
Registered
14,002 Posts
May be a stupid idea, but could be a case of, had a hole, needed a plug, found random o2 sensor, and just let it dangle.

Possible previous previous owner of the header had a wideband, yes.

I'm more surprised it came with o2 sensors, vs. supporting electronics.
If they're in good condition, that's a few hundred $ saved

Was going to say though, that looks like my UEGO connector.
Fat thing...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
May be a stupid idea, but could be a case of, had a hole, needed a plug, found random o2 sensor, and just let it dangle.

Possible previous previous owner of the header had a wideband, yes.

I'm more surprised it came with o2 sensors, vs. supporting electronics.
If they're in good condition, that's a few hundred $ saved

Was going to say though, that looks like my UEGO connector.
Fat thing...
the information i found, is that it is a wideband o2 sensor, and i do not have the supporting electronics, if i look up the AEM electronics, the o2 sensor i have, is what is recommended to be used in conjunction with the electronics for a 2004 mazda 3 2.3, so i may look into getting the electronics for it at some point in time

On another note, i picked up my VVT Solenoid plug from the dealership $30 with tax

Now im waiting for the Speed3 throttle body to arrive and i will fire it up by the end of the week

·
Registered
192 Posts
If you change your mind about the vac ports, I got my prototypes back from my machinist and main production starts in the next week or two. 35 shipped for the vac port with plate and stainless hardware

You can find me on Facebook, facebook.com/ifixthings.us (still putting the page together at this point)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
what is this wiring for? i thought the end of the gray wire was connected to something, but i Accidentally pulled a lil bit and noticed it was only wedged in the windshield cowel, have no clue what this stuff is, i remember it being grounded to a bolt on the inside of the fender, but thats all.........

EDIT: Went to plug the battery in, and the starter began turning the engine without the key in the ignition, im almost certain the wiring is on properly, but i may be wrong

EDIT #2: ALL i did was remove the wiring to the starter, put it back on, and the starter didnt turn over when plugging up the battery, and The swap is Finally up and running, sounds absolutely Amazing, im in love with it.... Rips clean all the way to 6.5k without hesitation, Somehow my slave cylinder is leaking, but besides that, its running without Any CEL

Video:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
Im having three issues left......

A/C Was working when i bought the car, i drove home with it on and was enjoying it, i just put an A/C belt on, and went to turn the A/C on, the pump comes on for all of 3-5 seconds, engine almost dies, and then it turns off and engine comes back up to speed.............. all i did was disconnect the 1 wire, drop the pump and move it over still connected as to avoid losing freon

Center console & Dash lights go out at random then come back whenever

And my Alignment is off and cannot be set properly, but it doesnt pull at all, they said something must be bent, ill take a pic of the spec sheet later

·
Registered
192 Posts
Im having three issues left......

A/C Was working when i bought the car, i drove home with it on and was enjoying it, i just put an A/C belt on, and went to turn the A/C on, the pump comes on for all of 3-5 seconds, engine almost dies, and then it turns off and engine comes back up to speed.............. all i did was disconnect the 1 wire, drop the pump and move it over still connected as to avoid losing freon

Center console & Dash lights go out at random then come back whenever

And my Alignment is off and cannot be set properly, but it doesnt pull at all, they said something must be bent, ill take a pic of the spec sheet later
Sounds like the a/c clutch might be seizing up. Could happen at any time, completely unrelated to the actual motor swap, just a matter of ill timing.

As for the dash lights, sounds like a loose connection somewhere, or a bad ground. Not sure where the connections are on a Mazda3, but that's what I would look for.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
Sounds like the a/c clutch might be seizing up. Could happen at any time, completely unrelated to the actual motor swap, just a matter of ill timing.

As for the dash lights, sounds like a loose connection somewhere, or a bad ground. Not sure where the connections are on a Mazda3, but that's what I would look for.
im almost certain its the TNS Relay, people claim its Soldered into place, others say to replace the whole Passenger Junction Box, id resolder a new relay if i knew which relay to buy......... but im still dead in the water on that info....... another used Passenger side junction box is 90 Bones........ not too happy about that

61 - 80 of 86 Posts