Mazda3 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
so i guess this is where things get complicated because i see the two intake manifolds are very different, theres vacuum ports on the mazda intake that are not on the ford

How much is your adapter kit? im not too fond of shelling out more $$ after just wasting 100 on something i cant use (no offense) I Knew that there was a difficult part to this swap, Everyone made it sound Very simple, i thought id have had my car up and running next week

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Just ordered a CX-7 Throttle Body.......... $88 shipped

Is there a guide anywhere to how to do this intake manifold setup? im gonna do a lil searching and see what i can find

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just ordered a CX-7 Throttle Body.......... $88 shipped

Is there a guide anywhere to how to do this intake manifold setup? im gonna do a lil searching and see what i can find
There is no how-to as of yet. I will work on doing a write-up for installing the 2.5 manifold with speed TB. It does take a little bit of enginuity and creative use of adapters, and vacuum lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
There is no how-to as of yet. I will work on doing a write-up for installing the 2.5 manifold with speed TB. It does take a little bit of enginuity and creative use of adapters, and vacuum lines.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Thats EXACTLY what was going through my mind when i looked at both manifolds side by side

when someone finally hit all the options and i got the bigger picture on the intake situation, i figured OK, the CX7 TB on the 2.5 IM and somehow plug the vacuum components into the IM, my question and concern is, Are these vacuum components (IDK what theyre called) pressure sensitive to location? For instance, would moving it from once place to another with either longer/shorter or larger/thinner tubing cause the readings to be off or does that not matter with them?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Where the vacu fittings are doesn't generally matter, but I would try to leave them on the manifold side of the throttle body. The main vac line you need is the large hose for the evap, that snaps onto the side of the 2.3 manifold. The 2.5 uses an electronic version of this, rather than a vac port molded to the body. You can attempt to mod it like a previous user did, or I'm ok with selling that part of the kit separately.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thats EXACTLY what was going through my mind when i looked at both manifolds side by side

when someone finally hit all the options and i got the bigger picture on the intake situation, i figured OK, the CX7 TB on the 2.5 IM and somehow plug the vacuum components into the IM, my question and concern is, Are these vacuum components (IDK what theyre called) pressure sensitive to location? For instance, would moving it from once place to another with either longer/shorter or larger/thinner tubing cause the readings to be off or does that not matter with them?
Any help you need doing this if you dont want to buy the adapter i can help ill try to do a write up today of how i did mine

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Any help you need doing this if you dont want to buy the adapter i can help ill try to do a write up today of how i did mine

please, im just looking for a general idea of what i have to do, i just dont want to mess anything up and be left having to buy more parts than i need lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
I hear ya i was told this would be easy i started doing it and was like bull lol i just did the write up under how tos

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I hear ya i was told this would be easy i started doing it and was like bull lol i just did the write up under how tos

i was just wondering, Since mazdas are also equipped with 2.5's, Would that intake manifold suit this build better than the ford, has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Monoxide and I were talking about this the other day. So far it looks like all the 2.5 manifolds use the same square bore pattern and any differences that do exist would appear to be with the external ports. I've been trying to track down pictures of the different 2.5 manifolds, and so far I've only found one, it's the OEM stage 4 for the Mazda 3 2.5. It looks like the fusion manifold, but has the side vac port for the evap molded in. I did find one for the 3, 6, and CX-5, but those are SkyActive, and are dual port.

You could try the Stage 4 manifold, but you're looking at over 300 for just the manifold alone at that point.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Heres my 2.5 manifold............. I was bored, so i figured id knock this out today and have it out of my mind

Realized i ordered the wrong Throttle body, so im gonna have it refunded and order the right one, that was my fault for not looking up the right one, LOL, happens........

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
I am Absolutely confused.............. I had the engine at TDC, timing tools in, Crank locked down, tightened Everything down to spec, removed the timing tools and turned the crank 4-5 times to check, went to put the timing tool back in the slot, and i have to move the intake cam a few thousands of an inch to get the tool back in place, Being that its such a small increment, MY initial thought is not to worry about it being a hair off, would u guys agree? its a very very small bit just to get the tool in place on the intake cam, i figured the pressure from the valves could have caused this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Remember that the tensioner is going to take some slack which is why you crank it around. Mine also move very little but i was still able to get timing tools back in they were just a little tighter just make sure piston one is tdc

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Remember that the tensioner is going to take some slack which is why you crank it around. Mine also move very little but i was still able to get timing tools back in they were just a little tighter just make sure piston one is tdc

Yep piston #1 was at TDC, i also did crank the chain around a few times to remove the slack after releasing the tensioner and before tightening it all down, if at worst, ill re-time it if i have to, its only off by a hair on the intake cam

I reviewed the FSM engine chapter and researched a bunch before actually tightening it down, I even seen something about someone having the intake cam bolt come loose and they put the engine back to TDC, and used a shaved down wrench to get between the timing cover and the VVT cam gear so they wouldnt have to remove the crank bolt or exhaust cam bolt...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep that was like mine was i could move my intake cam though very little. Just that cam and every thing else would stay where it was supposed to i could then fit my timing tools in so i figured there was just a little play with in the system

41 - 60 of 86 Posts