Mazda3 Forums banner

better acceleration?

4K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  isjoining 
#1 ·
i will be getting my tax return soon and i was wondering what parts i should invest in to get better accelertion out of my 3s. any suggestions? im looking at an f2 for an intake but i hear the 3" is better for high rpm/highway driving.

#2 ·
Not trying to probe, but what kind of cash are you getting back from your return? I put on a cai and catback exhaust, and that really opens up the airways, and thus... better throttle response/accelaration. That was about $700 (all done through Ron Tonkin Mazda. I put on mazdaspeed components. I don't regret it at all.

#5 ·
Depends on how comfortable you are working with your car. For acceleration I'd recommend the BSD kit - similar effect as getting a lightweight flywheel, but less costly. ~$25 Not an easy "first time" kind of mod though. Probably best to start with intake and exhaust yourself and go from there. If you find yourself wanting to go for more, I'd say header as well but it takes more work than either the intake or exhaust and you might end up having to buy a new O2 sensor since one of them is a b$&^* to get out of the stock exhaust manifold. Look for thebeansoldiers NA stage guides.

#12 ·
[quote author=Spaz218 link=topic=69756.msg1219316#msg1219316 date=1172009209]
Nice..But.."sigh" I have a 2.0
[/quote]

oh dang, didn't see that... you got emissions testing in your state? If so then I'd go with an exhaust that you can keep the second cat with, ie. Mazdaspeed, Ark, etc. That'll give you a decent gain, and of course give you a more aggressive sound that'll have you itching for more power. :D

#17 ·
[quote author=the415 link=topic=69756.msg1220083#msg1220083 date=1172027819]
there is still 1 cat there...you will pass visual inspection
[/quote]

well damn - guess it depends on how loud he wants his exhaust to be. I'm sure you'll recommend the HKS exhaust. :wink:

#25 ·
Blue Bell....im Lansdale!

sorry...

but yeah basic bolt ones...I/H/E

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.