Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody here done any mods? i'm new to turbocharging so i don't know what to
upgrade first. i'm not looking for a lot of power, just enough to beat a toyota rav4 v6
or my friends acura rdx in 0-60...
any ideas will be appreciated.
thanks in advance :)

by the way i have an 08 white cx7

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
How much are you losing by?
Up the boost, get a Forge bypass valve, a Cold Air Intake, TMIC upgrade would be inline too, and a Standback, if you want more info ask.
That should beat any little RDX and certainly the RAV4, and make the CX-7 more fun than ever.

Just getting a Bypass Valve, and upping the boost will beat the RDX and RAV4.

That could come out to about $400 dollars, you just need to be safe with the boosting, I would only go up to about 18-19 PSI(it'll make the CX-7 a whole lot faster, like a second faster).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the ideas...
i already started browsing for the parts you suggested and
i think some of these parts are overprice :( imho.
one more question, how do you turn up the boost safely?
is there a knob or a screw somewhere in the engine that you
can turn to do this?
thanks again

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The Bypass valve will hold more boost, and it's only 159.99, that's relatively cheap, it really does improve things greatly, to turn up the boost you will need a Boost controller and a Boost Cut defender.

If you want a loud cool sounding intake on the cheap, get the AEM short ram intake for the 04 Mazda 6 V6, it's a perfect fit for the MAF sensor.

So get the AEM SRI, and the BPV from Forge, it will greatly improve things, maybe not enough to beat a RAV4 but enough to notice, you might want to take the motor mount out and put some epoxy in it, it's really soft so putting some epoxy in it will get you more [email protected] the wheels.

·
Registered
89 Posts
For a lot more info go to the mcx7.com forum. There are hundreds of posts on this topic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts