Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what will you people out there consider best tires to upgrade with stock 17" wheelson a 05 hb?would like to fill in the gap?

·
Registered
263 Posts
[quote author=greggk link=topic=134730.msg2897766#msg2897766 date=1233237493]
dont use tires to fill the gap, go with lowering springs. as far as tires on stock 17's 215/45/17's or 205/50/17 tires
[/quote]

What he said

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
If you go with the 215/45-17 you're going to see more wheel gap because it's a shorter tire. Lowering your car will be the best bet to get rid of wheel gap but if you don't want to go down that alley yet, stick with the 205/50-17. Kumho's are my favorite brand of tires since they're cost effective, look nice and perform great...just a suggestion :)

I have an 05 HB myself btw.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
i will never understand posts like this. best tires in terms of what? snow driving, rain driving, summer driving, spirited driving, track/autox. it just depends on your needs. tell us how you intend to use them and that will help with a real answer

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry, if i need them for a special ocassion then i will explain, i drive the vehicle 44 miles each way to work,mostly freeway driving, the question then it will be a quiet tire, good life expectancy and good looking tire.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
[quote author=elsosa2007 link=topic=134730.msg2904221#msg2904221 date=1233501599]
sorry, if i need them for a special ocassion then i will explain, i drive the vehicle 44 miles each way to work,mostly freeway driving, the question then it will be a quiet tire, good life expectancy and good looking tire.
[/quote]

While that does explain a lot and I'm still leaning toward the Kumho SPT's at this point, travicon does make a very valid point. It would be very helpful if you put your location in your profile so people know where you are, thus we would know what kind of temperature and climate you live in to recommend tires. For instance, if you lived in Fl. you'd need tires for very hot days and very rainy days without seeing even a flake of snow so a summer tire would work the best. If you lived in a place where you need something for dry, wet & snow, you may want to lean toward a nice set of all season tires and an optional setup consisting of strictly winter tires. Based upon your stated details however, there's a few summer tires that would fit the bill nicely, as well as some all-seasons since you want tread life as well. I always stick by Kumho's since they're cost effective and stand up very well in just about every condition so for summer go with SPT and all season go with ASX. These are just my suggestions though. Hope everything works out for you :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts