Mazda3 Forums banner

Which Gas company do you find to give the best mix of power/engine cleanliness/fuel economy?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about that, just wanted to include a poll, and forgot in the initial topic....

Sorta counted on the first being pulled down :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
I've been using Shell since day 1 in my car and I get 350km (215 miles) at half tank consistenly. When I had to use other brands the car had major decrease in fuel mileage.

·
Registered
235 Posts
In the minneapolis st paul area there is only one oil refinery, i took a tour and shell, bp, citgo, holiday, quick trip, super america, torco racing fuels, sunnoco and marathon all have a contract with them, so Im gonna say I dont care, because its all the same just different additives.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Moe's beer and gas. It doesn't say what brand it is. They have a pitbull chained to the store.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well, for political reasons I stay away from Citgo and BP Amoco. BP Amoco dumps there waste into Lake Michigan. Citgo gets their oil from that lovely man down in South America. Just personal preferences for me.

I go with Shell or Mobil.

·
Registered
136 Posts
[quote author=DewDad link=topic=136397.msg2942056#msg2942056 date=1234884527]
Well, for political reasons I stay away from Citgo and BP Amoco. BP Amoco dumps there waste into Lake Michigan. Citgo gets their oil from that lovely man down in South America. Just personal preferences for me.

I go with Shell or Mobil.
[/quote]

Homework.

List everything you consume.

List those companies, their suppliers, shippers, etc. Let me know if it's as bad as BP into Lake Michigan. If so, guess what, you are a hypocrite. Milwaukee dumps untreated sewage into the lake when the deep tunnel overflows. They also supply my water. What should I do?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I used Shell and it was nothing spectacular. I use Meijer (local supermarket chain) gas and haven't been disappointed. They source out their gas to different suppliers but the quality seems consistent. I run only Meijer 87 octane in my 07 Mustang GT and doesn't ping even when I am WOT hitting the 6250 revlimiter. I tried Mobil, BP, Exxon, Marathon and a variety of other gas and always get knocking or poor fuel economy in either the 4.6L 3V V8, 4.6L 2V V8, or the 5.4L 2V V8.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I thought Chevron/Texaco with Techron is supposed to be the best?

I've heard Techron helps a lot in the fuel system - stuck fuel gauges, etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts